Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Quilt Guild

Made it to my quilt guild's evening meeting last night. Don't you find show and tell the best part of any quilt meeting?
Several of the gals brought along their pieces from our last workshop with Laura Wasolowki. Of course mine isn't finished yet but I brought it along anyways...
Is the one block wonder popular where you are?
Several of the folks in our guild have been bitten by the bug. They are pretty but I wonder if I could work with just one shape for an entire quilt...they say the variety in the fabric and the puzzling out the placement makes them interesting to work on....no, no, no - I do not need to start another project!The quilt above was made using the one fabric in the borders with the flamingos on it! (makes me think of Christmas candy....)

Between the Master's traffic and the swirling pollen I haven't been going out much. Poor Macbeth got his stitches out this morning and just from his trip from the front door to the car covered his black hair with yellow streaks....looked a high school girl's home-done highlighting job....poor boy.

9 comments:

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Love show and tell.. Maybe that's why I like blogging! A constant show and tell...
I like the affect of those one block wonders... But I probably would never make one... They are popular...
Give doggie a scratch on the ears for me... :-)

sewkalico said...

I never get to go to any show and tells so I live vicariously through the blogging of others :-)

Diane said...

Oh thanks for sharing the pictures, I'm working on a One Bl Wonder now! I love it. It's amazing how you'd never recognize the original fabric just looking at the overall quilt!

Loris said...

Wow! Love those LW quilts. Beautiful! The pics of the One Block Wonders look great..my need to think about that book. Thanks for sharing.

quiltmom anna said...

Gorgeous Quilts, Sio-
A few of my quilting friends have made the pattern and they all have turned out beautiful - it is pretty amazing but I have not tried it myself. Finding the perfect fabric is really important for a great one block wonder quilt.
Thanks for sharing.
Regards,
Anna

Clare said...

Never get to any shows, except the French ones and then most of the quilts aren't really my sort of thing.

Hmmmm - one block wonders? Me? Non!

Poor Mac.

AnnieO said...

Show and tell looks so great in pictures, maybe someday I will join a guild and see one in person!

One block wonders look amazing but haven't exactly grabbed me as a "must do" quilt. I have 888 others lined up in front of one of those...

Stay inside and sew, silly!

Michelle said...

WOW..the one block wonder is fabulous. I just love it!

Janet said...

Fabulous quilts and I do love show and tell.