Thursday, April 01, 2010

Wasilowski Workshop

 The past two days my local guild had workshops led by Laura Wasilowski of Artfabrik.  Now I am generally a pretty traditional quilter but even I had a great time fusing and finished a small "art-quilt!"

In addition she is a really fun instructor.  We had sold out workshops both days! The first day they worked on the Tiny houses which involved lots of collage making.  Today's class worked on Garden of Eden which involved lots of bias strips and composing of flowers.   Amazing how different all the pieces came out!

I think I next show will need a corner with a big "Chicago School of Fusing" sign over it.  

12 comments:

Margaret McCarthy Hunt said...

so u beat me with the pics on the blog lol....my poor blog is languishing from lack of attention:>

KQ Sue said...

Sounds like you had a great time! Cool pictures.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh those flower quilts are all so much fun!

antique quilter said...

wow I had to look again to make sure I was on the right blog!
isn't it fun to work outside our comfort zone and just play somedays?
LOVE what you made....sure sounds like you had a fun day. did you buy any of her hand dyed threads to quilt it with.
Kathie

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

These are beautiful, I love your flowers. Great colours xo

Clare said...

Riot of colour. Looks like you had great fun.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

So pretty! Who couldn't resist those bright beautiful fabrics after a gloomy winter!

Karen said...

Looks like a fun time in that class. You did quite well on your creative project.

Laura Wasilowski said...

Thank you for hosting me Sioban! I had a great time with your friendly group of quilt makers.

Tonya Ricucci said...

lots of gorgeous colors and joy!

Loris said...

Beautiful work, Sio! What a fun and amazing workshop that must have been. Wonderful pictures!

Michelle said...

I used to take all kinds of classes that were totally outside my comfort zone. You always learn new things and it's fun to try something different for a change.