Monday, November 22, 2010

There be gremlins....

If you are looking for great photos of all my progress on the Blue and White Guilt Quilt then look no further - my sewing machine died after only a couple of strips. There be gremlins about!
(inked block by Margaret Hunt, strippy borders by me...)
Besides I've spent most of the day trying to figure out why there is dark water intermittently coming out of the taps....can you say "new hot water heater for Christmas!"

So as I waited for the plumber to call back I decided to make a pot of coffee (known to cure most of what ails me) only to drop the coffee carafe and watch shattered glass cover my kitchen floor. The only upside I can see is I needed to clean the kitchen floor today anyways...I just didn't want to do it with a bloody hand. But then again when the plumber did finally call back I did get many sympathy points (he thought I was crying about the water-heater! Silly man, I'm crying for lack of caffeine!)
Oriental fabric sampler wall hanging (45 x 45)
So my sewing today will consist of organizing some of the photos, looking through some old books, and maybe, if my hand heals a bit, basting this little Oriental circle wall hanging in the photo above so I can get it to my niece before the New Year....

11 comments:

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

I hope that hands gets better quick. And that someone gets you to Starbucks for a quick 'fix'.

*karendianne. said...

Dang. You've definitely got it going on there! I love love love your Oriental fabric sampler but Sio... your hand. Not good!!! We have enough issues, friend. Sheesh.

Loris said...

oh man...hope the hand heals quickly and I hope the plumber put you at the top of his list.
Cute pumpkin block though :-)

KQ Sue said...

OMG! Dead sewing machine! No coffee! Sounds more like the work of an evil demon troll!
I have one in my life and she is just plain evil! People run the other way to avoid her if they see her coming. Treating her excessively kind makes her weep and calm down!
("Long Story"!)

Scrappy quilter said...

Hope your hands get better soon and that you can get your machine running again before Christmas. Love your oriental wall hanging...stunning.

AnnieO said...

Oh my! I hope the water problem was just the city flushing the lines--we get that sometimes.

I can't function without my caffeine either!

Nana Time said...

Love the oriental circle quilt.
Sorry about the bad day at black rock. My microwave glass tray fell to the floor sunday so I got ya....glass everywhere, cut hand bleeding.... stuff happens!

NeverBored said...

My condolences on all the bad stuff happening at your house lately. Hope you get an equal amount of unusual blessings soon! I like the Oriental quilt! It's given me ideas for the setting of the I Spy quilt I need to make. Thanks!

dianne said...

okay ... i wasn't gonna comment cuz what can i say about that much bad stuff happening all at the same time?

but the word verification is misio - which, if i hold tilt my head the right way, looks like "my Sio" and that has to be some kinda sign, right?

so ... poor sweet baby Sio!

and the next time i have to replace a coffee carafe, i'm getting one of those metal ones that won't break and cut me ... i'm just sayin'

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Auuughhghhgh! Bad things come in 3's, and lack of caffiene amps it up to about 5 or 6! You are due for some good stuff!

Bonnie

and I'm totally laughing here, my word verification is "ackpout" I KID YOU NOT!!

Lori said...

dropping coffee items is infectious. Last week I dropped a cup straight down on the kitchen floor. The cup survived--but the coffee went straight up--all over the ceiling and the soffit, and down the cupboards. and on the floor. I didn't know ONE cup of coffee could make such a mess. DH had to clean the high up spots. And the cup didn't break. Corningware is tough! Sorry to hear yours broke and you were cut. That glass just shatters and makes such a mess. I think the Starbucks suggestion sounds great.