Thursday, September 22, 2011

Back from Bermuda...

The toughest part of vacation is coming back to laundry, finding out that I didn't get all of the food cleared out of the fridge that needed to go, and battling a travel induced cold...Bermuda was very nice...very bright! When in England I took lots of photos of sheep, in Greece and Turkey it was cats, and in Bermuda it was chickens...they were everywhere! Crossing the street, the golf course, and even outside the pub. These roosters are probably complaining about all the Americans....
I did bring some hand-sewing with me but did not take one stitch...I have lots of work to do before our show next month! For now though I'll just down another cup of cold and flu medicine, toss movie in the DVD and huddle under a quilt....ok, maybe after I walk Macbeth....

17 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

Ohh no, a cold! When I traveled often on planes, I always came home with something flu-like, so I empathize. Do take care and feel better soon.

Tonya Ricucci said...

fun pics. glad you're back safely. ugh re the cold. get better soon!!!!

Purple Pam said...

Glad you are home safe and sound. Sorry about the illness. Get well quickly.

Janet O. said...

Looks like a beautiful trip--except the cold. Hunker down and recuperate!

Impera Magna said...

Bermuda looks lovely, including the chickens... hope your cold/flu goes away very quickly!

Betty Lou said...

Welcome home, wish you felt better. You know it was a good vacation when you were so busy you didn't have time for projects. We were in Burmuda in the 90's, beautiful, I remember all the houses pained in easter egg colors.

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Gorgeous photo's, I hope you get better v quick!! xo

Sandra Kaye said...

Get better soon!!!! I hate having a cold!! Hope a cyber hug helps you feel better.:):) Hugs-Hugs-Sandie

The Civil War Quilter said...

Don't they eat chickens in Bermuda?! Sorry you're sick. Get better soon!

antique quilter said...

glad you had fun, hope you feel better soon.
bet Macbeth is happy to have you home again!
Kathie

sewprimitive karen said...

That looks like a nice trip; didn't know Bermuda was stuffed with uneaten chickens lol. Hope your cold goes away soon.

The Calico Cat said...

My trip to Bermuda is in less than two months!

Unknown said...

We honeymooned in Bermuda 20 years ago next January - it is such a pretty place with all the coloured houses with their white roofs - a lovely but incredibly expensive place as I recall

Quilts And Pieces said...

I loved the wild chickens! I saw chickens like that on teh island of Kuaui! I thought it was so funny they were just hanging out at places!

Judy in Michigan said...

Get Well soon!! Did you go to Bermuda by boat? or fly?? We were there in 1987 and 2010 - it sure had changed but loved it. Looks like you were at the fort with all the interesting shops.

sewkalico said...

No time to sew a stitch? It must have been a good trip! Get well soon!!

randi--i have to say said...

ah, coming back to sickness is not fun! i do hope you are feeling better soon!