Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pensieve Quilt-top Finish


I finished my Pensieve Quilt top today. I decided to put a mixed fabric inner border with blues and a multi-color large floral on the outside. It finished at 72x82 inches.
I think I like it...not my typical quilt but that is a good thing! I used up a lot of scraps and older bits of fabric in this. The border I bought for another quilt but had changed my mind and this was on it's way to the stash pile...thankfully it worked for this quilt.I did a little break out on one corner since a conventional border on the entire quilt just didn't feel right. (the corner lies flat in real-life...except when there is a cat underneath it....like in this photo...)
Still coughing and wheezing...so wish this cold would just go away....

Now back to sewing binding and labels on for our quilt show next month....after a small nap...

15 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

love it!!!!! the border is really fun and the flowers really work with all of it, as does your breakout. love that you mixed all your different kinds of fabric loves together. think you'll do it again?

Sandra Kaye said...

Absolutely love it !!!!! Feel better soon. Hugs-- sandie

Janet O. said...

How fun is this!?! It only seems fair that since you broke out of your mold, the quilt broke out of its border. : )

cityquilter grace said...

gee, the scrappy to end all scrappies....beautiful! just hate it when a cold hangs on like that....oj is MY secret cure!

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

What an amazing quilt, fabulous work. Get better soon. xo

Tamara Hampton said...

It looks like it would use up alot of that fabric that you just dont love but cant stand to get rid of! I need one of those projects. Yours is beautiful.

regan said...

This quilt turned out great! Love it! And I love your breakout! I never think to do anything like that, but I love it when I see it!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I love it! I need to get working on mine! Yours is wonderful!

judith lockhart said...

I really like this quilt!! Maybe when I get all my quilts finished for the show I can try this - right now, it's stitch stitch stitch!!

AnnieO said...

It is a bit like a postage stamp quilt so the scrappy wonders within are definitely mesmerizing!

sewkalico said...

Excellent and at last your DH gets his flowers ;-)

Clare said...

It's wonderful and the border break out is a great idea.

I'm still building. Goodness knows if I'll ever stop!

Hope you are feeling better.

quiltmom anna said...

I think it is a really fun quilt- lots of great scraps to admire- I also really like the blue border- it gives the eye a place to stop. The floral border is terrific- all in all one fantastic piece of work Sio..
Hope you are feeling better - the colds that are around these days seem to want to hang around for awhile.
Regards,
Anna

Karen said...

What a great quilt design for using up scraps.

Richard Healey said...

Wonderful Quilt. Will start to save my scraps. New at this and sadly have been tossing those scraps.