Monday, September 12, 2011

A complete finish!

Today I took the final stitches on the binding and label of the "Pink and Green Ladders" quilt! This started after on of those Bonnie Hunter "want to play" posts. Always get me trouble...but amazingly I finished this one in time for our show next month!

This morning a neighbor came by to borrow an electric drill...when she stepped in the foyer she asked, "are you moving?" "No," I answered, "just packed up a few quilts for a program tonight up in Aiken." She didn't look convinced. OK, I packed up a lot of quilts for the program...jeesh.
"The quilt inspector" thinking this quilt needs more Scottish plaids...

Every time I do a program I get nervous that no-one will bring a quilt so I bring lots of them just in case....Now it has never happened that no one brings a quilt that they want assistance in dating or identifying the pattern...but there could always be a first time! (of course the last time I did a program in Aiken it was at a Town and Country meeting and they brought over 40 quilts...may have been a record...)
A few of the quilts getting ready for travel....
I know that I enjoy lectures/programs with lots of quilts. Just like show and tell is my favorite part of guild meetings, a lecture only comes to life for me if there is lots of eye-candy. So how many quilts are "enough" for a 60 minute talk...six would be one every ten minutes - too few...ten would be every 6 minutes...twenty would be every 3 minutes... So how many do you think I have packed? (Hint it takes up the entire back seat of a Tuscon....)

15 comments:

*karendianne. said...

I'd bet around 50ish. I really like this quilt, Sio. A lot. As a matter of fact I smiled and thought "See! That's it." That's what I like. ;) Enjoyed the post. Thanks for sharing!

Janet O. said...

Nice finish on the JL quilt. Each one I have seen since Bonnie's "invitation" has looked so different and unique. I love that. Your border treatment is wonderful!!

beth said...

Love your ladders quilt!

Pat said...

Your Pink and Green Ladders is wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

judith lockhart said...

At least 25 or 30!!! That'll be a great lecture! Wish I could see it!

Impera Magna said...

Love your JL quilt... that Bonnie Hunter, she's some kind of trouble maker, huh?

:)

Hey, Scotty... beam me over to Aiken! I gotta quilt program I wanna see...

Marj said...

I'm so excited, as I will be at the meeting tonight. I am bringing only one old boring top that is old, but not very interesting as it is only squares. I will also bring a camera. Sure will be fun to learn more about old quilts.

sewkalico said...

Have fun at your talk!
A great finish and quilt inspector approved too!!

Gypsy Quilter said...

Woo hoo, what a great finish!

The Civil War Quilter said...

Love the Ladders quilt. I'd guess you're taking 30 quilts. Wish I was going to be there!

Betty Lou said...

Have a good time, it's going to be a fun night for everyone, wish I was there.

AnnieO said...

Love that quilt! It has some great zingers mixed together that are just irresistable. Congrats on your finish. Have a great show!

cityquilter grace said...

i'm doing a trunk show next week and will be facing that question very soon...LOL

Merilyn said...

The pink/green quilt looks great! I hope all goes well with your lecture/program and that you get lots of wonderful eyecandy!!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Love your ladders! they dance!