Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Need to turn the channel

Earthquakes, hurricanes, tornados, floods, drought and fires...anyone else feeling a case of natural disaster stress? Makes watching a political debate a feel-good event...

Birthday block by Ille...it is the house I lived in in England!

Enough of that (though if anyone knows of a place to send a quilt for either flood victims in the Northeast and/or fire victims in Texas I would love to know.) Hitting the send button on the Red Cross website makes me feel like I am doing something but would like to do more....and it isn't like I don't have a closet full of quilttops....

I'm working on bindings which means lot of time in front of the TV...need to dig out some BBC costume dramas and ditch the news. Anyway, should have some photos tomorrow to show...a finish even! That is if I can get Goldie off of my quilt so I can work on it...

Also spent a few hours on the computer sending press releases for our show in October. If you are anywhere near the Augusta area it is a really good show representing a wide diversity of quilting styles...can you tell I've typed sentences like that all afternoon....
We are using my friend Rachel's quilt on our show cards and emails...it got the ribbon for "best use of color" two years ago at our last show.

The piecing is incredible too..

12 comments:

julieQ said...

What an awesome quilt at the show!! I love that you have a "picture" of your home in England. Thank you for thinking of the people here in Texas...lots of home just burning up!

quiltmom anna said...

Sio, What a stunning quilt - I love the vibrant colors and the pattern is fabulous. Some day I am going to make one of those pickle dish designs.
Hope that all is well with you and that you are beginning to feel better.
It is so sad to hear about all the natural disasters- so overwhelming to see so much destruction.
Regards,
Anna

Sandra Kaye said...

That is probably one of the prettiest quilts I have ever seen.!! Hugs-- Sandie

Gypsy Quilter said...

Instead of TV - always stressful and depressing - can you download some audio books onto your computer via your library internet site. I've recently learned how to do this and am enjoying it immensely.

Janet O. said...

Love the comment about political debates. LOL
I'm with the cat--after all, what is a quilt for?
Your friend's quilt is breathtaking. I am so glad you shared that with us!

Deb A said...

Love that quilt and I feel you on the quilt press releases. I did that for ours a couple of years ago! Pretty house you lived in and a neat idea for a quilt keepsake.
I can do some checking and see where to send some quilts up to Vermont if you would like. Lots of flooding all over and dumpsters just pulling out everything from basements and first floors of houses around here.

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Your friend, Rachel's quilt is fabulous!! I love points and good color and she has both.

How are things going - did you get this last blast of rain? I think I see the sun this morning so it means that somedogs might get groomed today.

Have a great day,
Lynn

Frog Quilter said...

When and where is the quilt show? Thanks.

Jo Vandermey said...

I was reading your post and thought there is my cat - Skoggles!
I knew it was not my cat or my quilt but they could be twins.... lol
Just wanted you to know I enjoy reading your blog.
Jo

sewkalico said...

Great quilt to advertise the show. Hopefully a quilt show will cheer you up (and I do love those BBC costume dramas!!)
I look forward to a finish - one of mine would be better, but I shall live vicariously through yours LOL

*karendianne. said...

Awww, look at Goldie. She's so sweet! Now check out your house. Can we go back and visit and have some Tea please? That quilt you're showing is a real stunner. Amazing. I like to think I know how to quilt pretty okay and then I see something like this and I know I'm just so average its not even funny! …which is fine by me. I'm happy at average. hee!

Merilyn said...

What an awesome quilt!!!! Have always wanted to try the NY beauty block, but it kinda scares me LOL!!