Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Happy Birthday Brownie and Goldie

My two quilting cats, Brownie and Goldie, turn 13 years old this week!
                                                Goldie!
                                           Brownie!

They were rescue kittens from the same litter...though you would never know they were sisters since they would much rather hang out with the dog than with each other.  They both love to play in the fabric scraps...surf on the blocks, and generally hang out with the quilts.

They take turns overseeing work in the quilting room as they don't even like to be in the same room as one another!  Brownie is the one who likes to steal strips of fabric and small blocks for her own stash behind the sofa....so if a block count is off I know exactly where to go!

When ever I hear of folks talk about getting a pet I feel honor-bound to remind them that it can be a long term responsibility.  A responsibility that in my own case I hope goes no for a long long time to come.

12 comments:

Loris said...

A year older and still so adorable! I love their sweet faces. Chins scratches and love from me to both of them :-)

Janet O. said...

Some sisters just don't hit it off. : )
But it looks like they are both good companions to you--each in their own way.

Mary Ellen said...

Cats are the best quilting friends ever. They look just like my cats that also roll around in the blocks, scraps, and anything else that isn't tied down in the sewing room.

Frog Quilter said...

They are so C U T E!!!!! Love on them for me!

*karendianne. said...

Happy Birthday sweet girlies.

Merilyn said...

Happy Birthday to your little sweeties!!!! I have a rescue cat too, have had her for a couple of years now, she was surrendered and in care for a month before I got her, a couple of years after my dear 18yr old girl got sick and had to be put to sleep!
She's such a treasure and so sweet natured!!!!

Tonya Ricucci said...

Happy Birthday, girls! wonderful to see my Brownie looking good.

mehitabel said...

Happy birthday to your girls! My two cats don't like each other at all, but as long as we have a big house with two stories they can co-exist. They do love my quilts and Hi-Hi especially likes to help me quilt!

klk said...

What is it about cats and fabric! I think I could lay a quilt in the middle of the yard and Mitten would find it for a nap.

McIrish Annie said...

Wow! teenage girls, you know how catty teens can be!! LOL

AnnieO said...

Those kittens were raised right!

Teresa Rawson said...

I just love your kitties, and cats go with quilting/sewing just like peanut butter goes with jelly. On late nights (long after my husband and daughter have pooped out and gone to bed), Weasley will stay right next to me, snoozing on fabric or batting scraps (which I prefer...if he were awake he would be mischief making!). He is an ever-faithful sewing companion, even from dreamland. Thanks for sharing your cute siblings!

In stitches,
Teresa :o)