Friday, April 10, 2015

Master's Week...

Here is Augusta this week is all about golf.

My husband went to a practice round this year but my legs weren't quite up to the trek (those hills are much steeper in real life!)

So I stayed home and did some "random" piecing.  I made this little Chinese coins quilt (40 x 52 inches) using colors inspired by the plants around the Masters.  I'm thinking of calling it "shades of Augusta or if Bubba made a quilt."

Here is a photo I found online showing some of those colors...

We've had other visitors this week...loads of deer in the woods behind our house.
Luckily Watson keeps them away from the hostas and daylillies!  Don't worry about their ever catching any deer...there is a stream a few yards back that neither my cat nor dog will cross and the deer seem to know that!


5 comments:

Janet O. said...

What a clever idea to replicate the Masters color scheme. DH has been watching on one of his "devices" most of the day. : )

Angie said...

Great name for your quilt! I enjoy watching the Masters, or at least having it on in the background while I work on quilts.

Impera Magna said...

..."shades of Augusta or if Bubba made a quilt."

Love it... and the quilt-to-be as well. Don't blame you for staying home... hope the pollen isn't too bad!

Nifty Quilts said...

I love your little golf quilt! Looks like lots of fun shirt stripes and plaids in there--my favorites.

Barb said...

What a great inspiration for your quilt - it is wonderful. What a golf tournament it was!!