Thursday, April 23, 2015
more shirt projects...
I don't really work in a series...I work in similar materials until I clean up my work area!
So I am still using shirts that I've collected over the past couple of years and only now have cut up and started using for quilts and other projects. (I can thank Bonnie Hunter and Tonya R. for this part of my stash!)
The latest project is making some covers for sewing machines. The first I made using a stiff interfacing...it was going to take up way too much space since it couldn't be folded and put away when the machine was in use. The second one I made is too soft...doesn't stand on it's own.
This last one is "just right!" It stands on it's own but can be stuffed into a drawer! I used the pre-quilted fabric as the lining and than fitted a pieced cover over it. There are pockets on the side just in case a pocket is needed (and it let me use this fun fabric!)
This featherweight size one went to my friend Tari for her birthday this week...the two "rejects" will cover my machines until I can make new ones!
Outside the irises are in full bloom!
These photos came from my friend Paula's garden yesterday.