Monday, April 13, 2015

Progress on the sewing room

Today the new sewing room is looking more like a room.

So my friend Paula came by to help me think through the new layout.  She had some good ideas...like having the wall of shelving at two different depths so there would be a work ledge at counter height.

And we found a cute cabinet/shelf in the guest bedroom to replace the one that broke during the move.  I just need to paint it up a bit and find a spot for the stuff that is currently in it! (not sure if it will be bright green or teal...hummm...maybe colors from my favorite piece of fabric!)

And speaking of paint...she convinced me to go with a slightly lighter Khaki then I currently have on the wall.  Phew.  It helps to bounce ideas off of someone!

So I have a "layout" on paper.  Need to do some internet searching for "how-to's" on making a design wall and a pegboard wall.


9 comments:

Janet O. said...

So exciting!
It really does help to have another head in on the process, doesn't it? : )

GeeMa said...

Looks great. You must be so excited!

Sherrill said...

I think it would be awesome to have a roll-up design wall. I've seen them but don't have one myself so not sure on how well they work but sounds like a good idea!

Dawn said...

Very exciting to have new space to move into!

AnnieO said...

Jealous of all that fun imagining how it will all work! A counter height surface would always be piled high in my sewing room (as it is right now!)

Tonya Ricucci said...

yay, progress!!!

Sandra said...

So exciting to see the progress. So much to look forward to.

Judy in Michigan said...

You may find this blog post helpful...Pat is a friend who lives in Naples, FL
http://www.patkumicich.blogspot.com/p/my-art-studio_81.html

It is so exciting to be designing your studio - have fun!!

Me and My Stitches said...

So exciting to have a new space! I have a pegboard wall in my stash closet and I really love it. We bought white, plastic pegboard at Lowe's or Menard's (I don't remember which) - I have all kinds of stuff hanging on it, and it is soooo handy. Good luck - look forward to seeing your progress!