Saturday, May 02, 2015

Almost ready to move-in

Just time for a quick post...

we are so close to moving into the new studio/sewing space!

The paint on the shelving still needs another 24 hours of drying time but I have been able to bring in the larger pieces like the sewing table, cutting table, and rolling cabinets.  Not sure if I like the arrangement yet.

Went back and reread the book that started all this so may move a few things tomorrow.

Am waiting until I like the layout before putting up the pegboard and the design wall...yes!  A real design wall...not the bed-in-the-spare-room-wall, nor the living-room-floor-in-front-of the TV-wall, nor a tablecloth-hung-in-the-kitchen-doorway-wall....I've only been quilting for what 25 years or so and only now get a design wall that will fit most of the quilts I make and will have a permanent place in the room so I'm not taking down and rearranging all the time!
(my new pencil sharpener for the studio!)
And yes, I know how lucky I am and I am thankful every day!

10 comments:

Vic in NH said...

It's wonderful and you deserve it!

Sherrill said...

I miss my design wall that I left in the former beautiful house when I downsized! You will LOVE it! Good to see everything's almost ready!

regan said...

What a beautiful space! And what fun to fill it up!

Janet O. said...

I am SO excited for you! This looks like a wonderful sewing space. What a joy it will be for you to create here.
Just got my design wall about 3 years ago, and it is so nice--you will love it!

Sheila said...

That book is what made me redesign my bonus room into just my quilting room (and kick my husband out of the bonus room) a couple of years ago!

Loris said...

Look at all that space! You are going to have a wonderful time setting it all up and even more working in it. Enjoy and make that room your own. ❤️

Impera Magna said...

Oh, how wonderful everything looks! I know you must be excited to get all moved in and settled... what a great space to work in. Hope you're feeling better...

Diane said...

I've got major SHELF ENVY! That full wall bookcase is fabulous. Pace yourself and enjoy the process of setting up your new space.

Sue SA said...

How exciting, I am sure it will be a fabulous space and you will create lots of beautiful quilts here...and finish a few old ones!

Tonya Ricucci said...

woohoo, love your shelves. fabulous room.