Hit a landmark this week...over 550,000 views on my blog!
Ok, that aside. When I should be organizing I have been sewing! Needed to get it out of my system! (The design wall is now mounted on the wall! Used 6 command strips...seems to be holding just fine!)
This weekend I made another quilt for the local VA. My guild is doing an amazing job creating quilts for this great cause. At last count I believe there were over 30 finished and another 6-8 in the process of being quilted or bound.
I have this seemingly bottomless basket of 6-1/2 inch blocks. Every time I think it is empty I find another stack or a quilter drops more in it! Reminds me of the old fairy-tale of the old lady and her "rock soup!"
I also made three sets of binding! Yikes. Time to put the walking foot on my machine and get these on the quilts! This batik quilt is also going to a vet!
Though I love making these quilts for the vets I also want to start working on some more complex/challenging quilts. I ordered this book for some quilt-y inspiration. I've been collecting a lot of wool but not using much. This may be a great opportunity to cut into the wool piles!