Monday, May 11, 2015

Want to sew...

Today I do not want to fold fabric, iron fabric, or organize fabric...I just want to sew!
A box of orphan 9-patches....
I am tired and between workshops, meetings, and the setting up the new sewing space I have way overdone it.  Today is a day of "rest!"...well maybe not rest...maybe just sit down and sew!


I plan to make the binding for my pink spider (my Miss Muffet quilt!) and get the first part sewn on by machine so I have some handwork while watching the final episode of Wolf Hall!  The second photo shows the fabrics I'm auditioning for the binding...I may use a bit of each...it will be a thin binding...

I have to be careful sewing however...this is why I don't work on mitered borders when I am tired!
I can do mitered borders...
well, maybe not today....
This small disaster happened last week...of course it was the last of that fabric so now all the borders come off!

Maybe I should drink a few more cups of coffee before I head into the sewing room....

3 comments:

Janet O. said...

I really like the second grey from the left--just has a tangly, spider web-ish feel to me. : )
Oh, how frustrating with the mitered corner!
I always say I should never machine quilt when tired. I've never attempted a mitered corner when my eyes were drooping, and now I don't think I ever will.

The Civil War Quilter said...

OH! :( I'm sorry for the mitering booboo. I have to admit, it's happened to me before. How sad you're out of that fabric. Ouch! Get some rest and try again. Can't wait to see what the new borders look like.

Tonya Ricucci said...

yay for sewing. I like the gray for Miss Muffett - good choice. I have Wolf Hall stacked up on my DVR thinking dh might like to watch it with me, but not sure.