Thursday, June 04, 2015

oh no...the show!

Oh no...just realized that my guild's quilt show is five months away and I haven't finished one thing to enter!

I have lots of UFO's...so I need a plan!

First I have two that just need bindings...my Miss Muffet Spider web and an Autumn leaves.  So today I pulled fabrics to make the bindings (already have the gray cut for the spiderweb quilt...)

Next I need to select the two "blocks in boxes" that I can finish up in the next couple of weeks.  There is an unnerving number of options in the closet!

Then I want to finish a small quilt for our "How do you take your quilt?' challenge.

My goal is to enter at least 5 quilts.  I would like to finish three tops in June and get the binding on the two that are already quilted.  That should be doable!

The last few month I have been focused on making quilts for the local VA and have totally lost focus of the show.  The quilt above was the last of the patriotic blocks from a guild event last year.  This is on its way to be quilted for a vet...

Also been spending time in the garden...both with a trowel and the camera!
So by the end of today...a plan.  Three UFO's from the box pile and put the challenge back up on the design wall!  phew....

5 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

aiyee, is that what I need to do to finish quilts? don't stay outside too long or too late in the morning!

Sherrill said...

You have become QUITE the photographer! Love all those! And wish I could be more like you, getting a plan together and then sticking with it! HA

Barb said...

awesome garden photos.
Good luck, I'm sure you'll reach your guild show goals with those fun quilts!

Gypsy Quilter said...

It looks like you have plenty to do while staying inside enjoying the AC this summer. Hope you can take some time to share more garden photos. These are simply gorgeous.

AnnieO said...

I was just thinking of the same thing for our fair! Got to get in gear :)