Tuesday, July 21, 2009


Blogging has been a bit sporadic this summer...my apologies.

Lots going on - bindings being made, sleeves ready for quilts, piles of fabrics with sketches lay hidden in the spare bathroom cabinets, and new pain meds have me dreaming of quilting with Mark Harman (quilting...now I know either I am getting old or the meds are truly messing with me mind!)

Not much in the way of photos right now but while I was posting some to family I wondered what was I taking photos of the same time last year? (Photos are one of the few organized places in my life - (the photo of the hexagon quilt on the top of this post shows my "still missing from the move top....)
So in 2008 I was learning to sheer sheep in England...these three were bottle feed and very spoiled. Which also made it very easy to take photos of them. Could be three of the most photographed sheep in Enland (folks in the village just shook their head when they saw me walking down the road with my camera around my neck!)
July of 2007 has lots of English garden photos...I went to an open garden event almost every week. It was a great way to see the countryside and the gardens were gorgeous. The photo above was taken in a village around Beedon Hill in Worcestershire.The photo of the lavendar fields was taken only a few miles away from the gardens in the Cotswolds. I will always have some lavender in my garden...though never as much as I saw that day. They were just starting the distilling operations...

Finally in 2006 I spent the month of July in Massachusetts...this is the Light house in Scituate near our summer cottage.

Prior year's photo's are on my other computer and on disks in the other room...maybe I'm not as organized as I thought?! It was fun cruising the files today...but I'd best get back to stitching....

9 comments:

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

lovely shots Sio! must have been fun bottle feeding the wee sheep! Wish i had all that lavender... mmm mmm good smell!

Loris said...

Such sweet memories. The sheep look like sweethearts...the locals would have shook their heads at me too. I love sheep. The pics are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Mary Johnson said...

I'm working on binding #3 -- you got me motivated again to attack that stack of quilts waiting for binding although this is the one for Adam's girlfriend that I need done by Friday.

I love the Hexagons...what size are they? I got my Hexagon die today for my go cutter and it has 2, 3 and 5 inch hexagons on it...I've only done English Paper Piecing but these will need to be sewn by hand I think without the paper.

Unknown said...

Lovely memories and photos. The hexagons are fantastic.
Summer this year has been a total wash-out around here. My lavender in the garden is near soggy. The Cotswold at the moment is very wet... this is english summer.
I love the sheep and... where are they now? Hope they are still around.
Thanks for sharing such lovely pics.

Nana Time said...

Enjoyed the photos of England...we drove around there last year staying at farm B&B's....we loved hearing the sheep. Thanks for sharing!

*karendianne. said...

This was fun to go through the files. A photographic journal. Your hexagon quilt is still missing from the move. Did I understand that correctly? I think I could live in that cottage and I'm sure I'd enjoy the power of the huge lavender field.

Nines said...

Love the photos. I wonder why Mark Harman- not why quilting! Scituate Light is such a peaceful place- I visited one sunny October morning.

Tonya Ricucci said...

I haven't been blogging much this summer either - my husband of all people is getting after me to blog more - so I can't say anything. Sorry to hear you're taking pain meds though! Mark Harmon, yummy eye candy at least, assuming you could look up from your quilts.

Kucki68 said...

I just love lighthouses!