Monday, July 27, 2009

Pixie Dust...


Today I am going to work on my block for the Pixie Dust project (?) Vickie over at Bumblebeans sent out some pink and green fabrics for each of us to make a block. At first I was going to applique but after gazing at the fabric for awhile I decided to piece a basket. (baskets are one of my favorite blocks....)

The fabrics remind me of this little statue I brought back from England....
I did applique last night and made one of the blocks from the Grandmother's quilt. Nothing like appliqueing a pitcher of lemonade on a hot day....

Two more blocks are kitted up. I need to dig in the sewing room for my applique thread. I used what was on hand for the first block and am not thrilled. So excavating I go....

Speaking of excavating - have you seen the U.S. version of Time Team? It is a PBS show that follows a team of archeologists and historians that go to a site and help the local folks using lots of high tech gadgets. (For you UK folks I know this is a take-off of the one done it by BBC which I loved to watch while I was there!)

Now back to my own excavation while Macbeth takes his sunspot nap....

5 comments:

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Can't wait to see the basket block! fab!

Karen said...

Lori's patterns are wonderful. I love your lemonade pitcher.

Tonya Ricucci said...

refreshing pitcher of lemonade. it's amazing how fast your can applique when it's not batiks!

Nana Time said...

Love the block....lemonade...yummmy

What do you mean when you saw you kitted up the blocks?

(I am fairly new to quilting but I read you every day :)

Kucki68 said...

That pitcher turned out real nice. Makes me want to make lemonade.