Saturday, July 04, 2009

Happy 4th...

Happy 4th of July ya'll!
I'm still a bit groggy this morning...fireworks down by the river made the pets a bit anxious hence no one got any sleep until well past midnight.

Today I am working on the binding for my RWB quilt for my DH...seems appropriate. We are also going to a typical American cookout with some friends about to move overseas. Their 11 year old daughter is starting to freak so I am going to have to spend a lot of time with her telling her great things about living in Europe...I had an email requesting a photo of the full quilt with the dancing daisy...I'll try and find one and if not I'll unpack it and take one. Until then here is another of my favorite blocks from that quilt. It was made on the border between Pennsylvania and Maryland. The blocks are signed and have towns from both states (though all the states are border states.)

5 comments:

sewprimitive karen said...

Love that quilt. We are certainly in the same boat with quilts needing binding!! I know we will make progress on this. Happy Fourth.

Nancy said...

What towns are written on the quilt? I live about a 1/2 hour north of the Maryland line. It is a lovely quilt.

Happy 4th to you and yours!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

HAppy sewing and happy 4th!

antique quilter said...

I have a few that need binding too
maybe tomorrow I will make and sew a few on
happy 4th of July.
LOVE that quilt block looking forward to seeing more
thank you for sharing it
Kathie

Michelle said...

WOW..Love this pattern! The yellow flower is perfect, just really sets off the entire quilt.

Great job!