Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Same but different...

I had a professor that used that phrase a lot - "same but different." That was sort of my approach to two projects I worked on yesterday.

First is my basket block for Victoria's Pixie Dust Gathering. I did a basket using the pinks and greens she sent.

That morning I read Barbara Brackman's blog, http//barbarabrackman.blogspot.com, where she showed the block she made for the American Quilt Study Groups Endowment Committee fundraiser. So inspired I also made a 4 inch block with some of my reproduction scraps. I wish I could make it to the Seminar this fall in California but it looks like I will have to wait another year. If you are interested in quilt history you should check out this orgnaization and Barbara Brackman's blog.I will have a lot of envelopes to put in the mail today....

7 comments:

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

I love the block Siobhan! Wow. loks great. ;-) the quilt is going to be so lovely!!!

*karendianne. said...

How cuteamous, Sio. Uber-cute!

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

I love your basket! It's so neat and it looks tricky too.

Barbara Brackman said...

That is a great little block!

Barbara Brackman said...

emnitypa

A Arte do Crazy Patchwork said...

Congratulations your blog is so beautiful, and the quilt is so nice, i am live in a island S. Miguel in AZORES, and i speak portuguese, my inles is not good i hope understand me. I am follow your blog because i liked so must everything i see.

A Arte do Crazy Patchwork said...

Congratulations your blog is so beautiful, and the quilt is so nice, i am live in a island S. Miguel in AZORES, and i speak portuguese, my inles is not good i hope understand me. I am follow your blog because i liked so must everything i see.