It is the first week of February and I can say I did get some finishes done last month.
My Pensive Quilt came back from Judy Lockhart, longarm quilter, and it looks great. Tonight I am cutting some red binding and should have a complete finish photo soon!
I also finished two tops. My Phynazy Swamp (Orca Bay/mystery) quilt and my Pink Lemonade. I had hoped to go to Mary Jo's and find a backing fabric for them but legs and eys are a bit fragile today so instead I'm sorting scraps. Maybe I'll go online instead. In any case, I consider a top a finish...at least a resting point.
Also, I finished this little schoolhouse quilt for my friend Shannon who was selected as county teacher of the year! Go Shannon! We all met last Sunday and four of us gave Shannon a little wallhanging to show how proud we are of her.
I met my goals on the Sprigs and stars project...I completed three applique blocks are ten stars. Also have a plan for a different border...thinking I may be crazy...but so is the original border! I am trying to be a bit "looser" in my fabric choices and so far am pretty happy with it!
Finally on the "starts." I have been pretty good about saying no to projects. I'm not doing the guild block of the month, I'm not doing another blog mystery, and I said no to a major restoration project (a 1930 Dresden plate partially eaten by a dog....) I do however have a couple of starts....
Locally they are building a house for an injured vet (see my last post.) A few of us decided we should make a quilt for the key ceremony. I had used Bonnie Hunters Strip and Twist pattern for a some quilts of Valor so I dug out the box with the 2-1/2 inch red, white and blues. There were already several blocks there left over from other quilts. I also had a left over house block from a quilt I made my Dad so with a bit of sashing I made a center block. Leftover 2-1/2 squares make up the pieced border. I leaving it out in the guest bedroom until the other members of the group can see it and make a decision if we want to finish it for him.
I also started a little quilt for a doll-bed (14x10 inches) given to me by a friend. I need to have this finished by Superbowl Sunday (that is this Sunday for all you international readers.) This week I made a mattress so a finish is definitely do-able!
I also started a project reproducing a small antique quilt. Just started so more on that later....