Monday, April 16, 2012

Almost finished basket...

I had a dozen errands to do today but instead I am waiting at home by the phone hoping someone calls about Dobby...last night he did a runner.


He hates having flea med applied. Last night when I put it on him he went right through the screen and out the window....we haven't seen him since. It isn't like him to miss a meal. We are worried. I put "lost cat" posters up around the neighborhood, called animal control, and am going to drop a poster off at the vet....


On the quilting front...I have finished the Charleston basket center...(sorry for the dog photo but he is staying close today.)

right now it measures 51-1/4 by 69-1/2...I'm amazed at how flat it lays and how even it measures. There was a lot of bias, setting in of seams, and quilt to wrangling!

I feel the need for a border...I almost always want to add a border so no surprise there! Right now I am thinking of doing a scrappy picture frame with miters....since I am staying in today I may work on this...

15 comments:

Janet O. said...

So sorry about Dobby. Hope things turn out well.
Your basket quilt looks very cool! I'm a border kind of gal, too, and I like what you are proposing. Nice finish.
Wow--all that bias and set-in seams and it lays flat? Good job! : )

Gypsy Quilter said...

Ohhh dear, poor kitty. Have you thought about opening a can of cat food and setting it near an open window. I used to do that to get my dog to come home. Keep us posted please.

Jan said...

I hope that Dobby has come home by now. He is a beauty. So is your quilt top!

Loris said...

Oh man...I'll be praying Dobby shows up soon. Keep a lookout on the rooftop! We have a strict protocol with the flea meds at our house. The cats are corraled into the bathroom before the med is even opened and it is applied at night when all the doors and windows are closed. They usually forgive us by morning.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Sorry to hear about Dobby...hope he turns up soon. ((Hugs))

Tonya Ricucci said...

the CB center is fabulous. really love it. my aunt had a cat that clawed out holes in screen windows and doors so that he could leave whenever he wanted to. I have an image of your window screen with a cartoon-esque Dobby-shaped hole in it - glad he made it home safely.

McIrish Annie said...

hope that by this time Dobby has returned safe and sound!

It lays nice and flat despite all the bias becuase you are a FABULOUS quilter and you know how to tame biasy fabric! It's beautiful

Donna Keating said...

Dobby please come home! Your quilt looks fabulous, but needs Dobby kitty to pose with it. Hope he comes home soon if he hasn't already.

Impera Magna said...

Hope Dobby is home now... must be very worrisome to have your kitty out and about...

Congratulations on your flimsy (almost but for the borders) finish! It's good to work on something when we're fretting...

Elaine Adair said...

I sure LOVE that Charlston Quilt - creative and excellent use of stash AND beautiful!!!

Helen in the UK said...

That quilt is looking fantastic! Glad to hear that Dobby turned up safely at last :)

Merilyn said...

I sure hope that Dobby turns up! I would be fretting big-time if my Miss Mini disappeared, or my dogs for that matter!!!
The quilt looks fantastic, what an enormous job! You have very well with it!!

Cathy Kieser said...

Hi, I was wondering how to get the pattern for the basket weave quilt you are doing? I tried to email you but it came back that it didnt go through. I also got on Bill Volkenings site and there is not a way to get ahold of him. Hope you can help. I would love to make this, and yours is beautiful.
Cathy

Janna said...

I am trying to do a similar pattern and can't seem to wrap my head around how to do it. Would love to get the detailed pattern and directions.
Thanks

Janna said...

I am trying to do a similar pattern and can't seem to wrap my head around how to do it. Would love to get the detailed pattern and directions.
Thanks