Friday, April 20, 2012

Three crazies...

Everything is a bit catawampus at the moment...Blogger has changed...my sewing machine is eating thread...my camera losing photos...urhgggggg.

So I only had one more border to put on my Charleston basket flimsey when wouldn't you know it my machine stared protesting.  Maybe it thinks I've worked it too hard the past couple of weeks. So after my fiddling with it and only making it worse I decided my featherweight is on strike.  Tomorrow I'll bring it to the repair guy...if I get it there early I may even get it back on Saturday.  Until then I need to keep it hidden from Dobby...

I did get some friendship blocks finished just before the slowdown...I'm trying to finish a lot of last minute things before leaving for Paducah.

This week I got together with a couple of my quilting friends.  Julie had some great show and tell...
This blue and white applique top...

And this "mock applique"...isn't if fun to see one quilter do two such different projects!


13 comments:

regan said...

Julie has quite and eclectic stash! Her tops are beautiful! And I sure hope your machine gets fixed and up and running!

Marj said...

Julies' quilts are beautiful. You lattice quilt is looking great, hope your machine is fixed soon. I also hope your camera problems are solved before your trip to Paducah.

Janet O. said...

Doesn't it drive you crazy to be so near a finish and then have it taken out of your control?
Julie's tops are beautiful!
Hope you get your machine going very soon!

antique quilter said...

sorry to hear things are a bit off, hope your machine just needed a rest and when you tried it today it works again! or if it has to go to the repairman it will come home Saturday all rested and ready to go!
Julie's quilts are wonderful thanks for sharing
Kathie

Patricia said...

I too am getting ready for Paducah! Sorry your machine is having some "hiccups", but it just gives you an opporutnity to really rest up :c). Hope to see you in the aisles!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Love Julie's blue and white quilt...but then I've got a soft spot for blue and white!

Tonya Ricucci said...

ugh, this has been a horrible month all around!!! but that is all gonna change. love the Charleston Baskets!

Merilyn said...

Hope you get your machine back real soon!!!!

The Civil War Quilter said...

Machine not working? That's the worst! It's as bad as having both arms in a cast! I hope the repair man is good and gets it fixed asap.

Browndirtcottage said...

These are some great quilts....Darn on the 'broken-ness' going on at your place!!!

Quilting By Celia said...

Yes, Blogg changes were not welcome by me either but I guess in time will get used to it!

Purple Pam said...

Glad Dobby is home. Yuck, Blogger has changed again. Your friend's quilts are wonderful.

Bill Volckening said...

I'm always surprised to hear that "real" quilters use Featherweights. Guess I did something right when I got mine. It likes to eat thread sometimes, too. Must find someone to service it! Can't wait to see the whole Basketweave top, with or without Dobby!