Thursday, April 12, 2012

Guild meeting


Went to my day guild meeting this morning. I hadn't been in a several weeks so it was nice to catch up.


Lots of fun projects (isn't show and tell the best part of every meeting!

Tara did the program. It was a trunk-show of quilts that used the same pattern but made by two different quilters.
It was fun to see how much they varied even if it was a block of the month!

I am still working on my basketweave quilt.
I think I have a name for it - Charleston Basket. South Carolina is knows for their seagrass baskets and a lot of the red fabrics I used in this came from a shop in Charleston.


9 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

sorry it's boring to work on, but your CharBask quilt is wonderful.

Sue SA said...

Thank you, lovely show and tell and a very cute dog! The basket weave quilt is fascinating to watch come together, but does look very tricky!

Marj said...

Wish I could have come to the guild meeting today. I was at lunch with a friend from out of town. Thanks for the pictures. Love your basket weave quilt.

Impera Magna said...

Some year... when I retire... I'm gonna join one of the local quilt guilds... what fun show 'n' tell must be!

Betty Lou said...

Love all the show and tell and your basketweave quilt------so does doggie.

Karen said...

When I was a guild member, there was always inspiration from what the different people showed at the meetings. The best part of the meeting was always show'n tell. Skip the business and get on with it.

Janet O. said...

Since I am not a guild member, I enjoy seeing the show-and-tell segments shared by others.
Great quilt name!

June said...

I have loved Charleston for many years and have always wanted a seagrass basket (but never stopped & got one). We used to live in Wilminton NC and went by way of Hwy 17 quite often. Good memories. Love your photos, and your quilts!

Merilyn said...

Great show and tell, love your little 30's bag! A penny has dropped!....about the seagrass thingy!! I have a Singer 301a, it was made in Anderson, South Carolina in the 50's?, the outer lining of the case it comes in is made of seagrass! Because I don't live in the States, this didn't mean anything to me, but now you mention that SC is famous for its seagrass, well it all makes sense! You find out the most fascinating little details here and there!!!!!!