Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Time to hide and stitch....

A bit off the topic of quilting but since I live in Augusta Georgia, home of the Masters, this week is pretty much all about golf...

which means of course that I stay home and quilt!
Sign made from golf club heads and golf balls....
This is the only week of the year that there is traffic in town and at certain times of the day it is bumper to bumper. Also, don't even think about going out to eat at night...all the restaurants are full. In some ways it is fun...heck it is only for a week.
Golf carts are used as lawn ornaments this week...

Each year I think I should do a golf theme quilt...then I think again....right now I am dreaming about log cabin quilts.
A facebook group I belong to posted photos of logcabin quilts this weekend that were amazing! Everything from very traditional to totally wonky....some of them are haunting me. As I was folding fabric in the sewing room today I found myself making piles for new quilt projects...oh no!

On the health front - Macbeth went to the vet today and got more meds...of course the minute we walked through the door he was all perky and playing...no way they were going to believe me that he is sleeping 18 hours a day and not eating well! I go back to my doc tomorrow...whatever bug this was really gave me a bad couple weeks but things are getting better. May even trust myself with a rotary cutter again soon!

11 comments:

Donna Keating said...

Glad I'm not where you live. The traffic in the area where I live, the Fort Worth/Dallas area, is bad enough. Of course, there are always problems in Fort Worth when the Colonial Golf Tournament is in town. Or in Arlington when the Texas Rangers or Dallas Cowboys are playing. Or any freeway in the area after 4:00 p.m. when the kids are out of school and when people start coming home from work. What a mess.

Love the log cabin quilt. Take care of yourself!

Taryn said...

I used to work with a woman who grew up in Augusta. She has good memeories of the money she could make during the tournament but that's all of the positives. Quilting is the best diversion no matter what is going on. I hope you and the cat are perky and peppy soon.

Janet O. said...

"A tradition unlike any other". How often have I heard Jim Nance say that on TV lately? I recently came across a shirt at the thrift store that had golf clubs printed on it, but no one in my family golfs so I didn't grab it.
Hope you are able to get slicing and sewing again soon. : )

Merilyn said...

Hope your and your little cat's health improves soon! I love log-cabins too, and have two flimsies that really need to get finished! Enjoy your sewing while the rest golf!! Have a lovely and safe Easter!

Teresa Rawson said...

Log cabins are great ALWAYS! I have some stuffed strip bins that are begging for attention (seems like I just finished one?!?). When I lived in Galveston, TX, it seems like I was trying to hide between spring break and the start of school. It was mostly the traffic that was a headache! I hope you have a productive, reclusive week of sewing!

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

Jan said...

Isn't that FB page wonderful? I had my iPad nearby while that spontaneous log cabin quilt show developed. While watching tv, every once in a while I'd check the page and each time there were quilts posted more fabulous than the last! Always something inspiring there.

Jeanne said...

I'll be watching! Have fun quilting.

Tonya Ricucci said...

I'm glad Mac is doing better! ooh, hope you do a fun wonky quirky log cabin ala you-know-whose.

Dawn said...

Used to live by Hazeltine Golf - when they had PGA it would chocke the traffic - but good for the local economy...some even vacated and rented out their homes. Nice to have quilting at home.
Hope everyone is fully recovered soon. Take care.

Betty Lou said...

A good time to stay home and watch the Masters on TV. We live fairly close to Texas Speedway, so a couple weekends a year it's best not to get out on the freeway. I love, love, love log cabin quilts, but haven't made one in a long time.

Loris said...

I love log cabins too.
Hope you and Mac are feeling more chipper soon :-)