Sunday, April 08, 2012

Happy Easter and Passover





Happy Easter and Passover...
It was wonderful seeing the children all dressed up this morning at church. Only a few chocolate smudges could be detected though the toddler in the row in front of me showed me the inside of her little pocketbook - she had filled it with jellybeans and other sweets. You never know how long these services are going to be so she came prepared (and she shared...what a sweet girl!)

I was trying to find some "Easter" quilts to post this weekend. Closest I could come was a 1930's basket quilt from southern Georgia.
I think the blocks were made by a group. The embroidery stitches and skills vary widely.

It is a fun quilt and I'm glad I took it out of the closet for a few days...need some spring decor around this place!

As for the woven challenge quilt, I continue to work on it. John, the challenger, is a church organist so is in the midst of his busy time at work. (My Dad was a church organist so I totally understand this!) So I am going to wait a few days before posting any more photos to give John a chance to get to his sewing machine...

7 comments:

Jan said...

Happy Easter, Siobhan! I love the basket blocks on this quilt.
Those round,'30s blossoms remind me of the illustrations in the old Raggedy Ann books. Charming!

Donna Keating said...

I adore this basket quilt. It is so appropriate for your Easter post. Don't think I've ever seen another basket block quite like this one. Happy Easter to you as well.

Nifty Quilts said...

That is one beautiful basket quilt! Happy Easter to you too!

Janet said...

I hope you had a wonderful Easter, it's all over except for the chocolate remnants here. I love any thirties quilts and especially this basket one, it's very spring like.

Janet O. said...

What a cheerful, springy quilt!
I must sit by the wrong people at church--nobody shared jelly beans with me. : )

antique quilter said...

Happy Easter to you too! oh I love this basket quilt, I love basket quilts!
these flowers are just adorable!
30's fabrics just make me smile and happy!
Kathie

Unknown said...

You could start the particular operation from your home (or perhaps hire a tiny office, when you can) using a few simple cleaning products like brooms, mops, cleaning remedies and floor cleaners. You might also need a car to travelling workers and also materials for the cleaning vacation spot. cleaning services in downtown