Sunday, April 08, 2012

Happy Easter and Passover





Happy Easter and Passover...
It was wonderful seeing the children all dressed up this morning at church. Only a few chocolate smudges could be detected though the toddler in the row in front of me showed me the inside of her little pocketbook - she had filled it with jellybeans and other sweets. You never know how long these services are going to be so she came prepared (and she shared...what a sweet girl!)

I was trying to find some "Easter" quilts to post this weekend. Closest I could come was a 1930's basket quilt from southern Georgia.
I think the blocks were made by a group. The embroidery stitches and skills vary widely.

It is a fun quilt and I'm glad I took it out of the closet for a few days...need some spring decor around this place!

As for the woven challenge quilt, I continue to work on it. John, the challenger, is a church organist so is in the midst of his busy time at work. (My Dad was a church organist so I totally understand this!) So I am going to wait a few days before posting any more photos to give John a chance to get to his sewing machine...

8 comments:

be*mused jan said...

Happy Easter, Siobhan! I love the basket blocks on this quilt.
Those round,'30s blossoms remind me of the illustrations in the old Raggedy Ann books. Charming!

Donna K. from N. Texas said...

I adore this basket quilt. It is so appropriate for your Easter post. Don't think I've ever seen another basket block quite like this one. Happy Easter to you as well.

Nifty Quilts said...

That is one beautiful basket quilt! Happy Easter to you too!

Janet said...

I hope you had a wonderful Easter, it's all over except for the chocolate remnants here. I love any thirties quilts and especially this basket one, it's very spring like.

Janet O. said...

What a cheerful, springy quilt!
I must sit by the wrong people at church--nobody shared jelly beans with me. : )

Kathie said...

Happy Easter to you too! oh I love this basket quilt, I love basket quilts!
these flowers are just adorable!
30's fabrics just make me smile and happy!
Kathie

wenbin wang said...

Baby Brands Direct only stocks the best brands,D&G glasses the best products at the best prices and offers an easy to use website for independents and department stores to preview and buy stock online for next day delivery with Abercrombie and Fitchminimum carriage paid orders at just £200 in the UK.

moncler jackets said...


ugg boots outlet is Developing a Promotion of Sales, Cheap Ugg Boots Can Be Seen Here and There. louis vuitton bags are no matter famous in UK but also lead the market of handbags sale over the world. Louis Vuitton UK is such a classic and luxury brand that suffers the forever pursuit of the nobleman. The designs and colors of the Louis Vuitton purses are suit for people with different age and gender. And the high quality makes Louis Vuitton handbags gain more compliment from its customers.