Saturday, February 21, 2015

Day off...

Friday I took a day off from working on the sewing room.  I was tired.
Rachel's wool sampler leaf
I did go over to my friend Paula's and stitched a bit.  It felt good.  As much fabric and quilting things I've handled in the past few weeks I haven't actually sewn for what feels like ages!
Paula's current mixed fiber applique project...
Usually we work on our wool projects but I just stitched on my Charleston basket...mainly because I knew where it was!

She does a nice job of displaying quilts at her house.  This is the Carnival corn quilt I made last year hanging in her dining area.  Aren't the berries and the birds on the quilt hanger perfect!

Speaking of birds...saw our bluebird for the first time yesterday....hope he chooses to spend more time in our yard this year!

4 comments:

Vic in NH said...

Congratulations on getting that super duper shot of the bluebird! I'm so glad that you felt energized to stitch a bit, too!

Janet O. said...

I really like Paula's beehive piece.
And that is a great display of your Carnival Corn.
Lucky you to have a bluebird in your yard!

Sherrill said...

Such a pretty flash of color in that otherwise drab landscape. Hope he doesn't freeze his little feathers off!! You needed a break from all that cleaning! A break well deserved!

Tonya Ricucci said...

glad you got to go out and have some fun. of course Rachael's work is cute. did you give Paula your Carnival Corn quilt or just getting it photo'd?