Friday, February 13, 2015

Mini quilts in the UFO pile

The title should read "many mini quilts" in the UFO pile!
A small scale quilt inspired by an antique quilt in my collection
Making these tops are a fun way of trying new colors or new techniques but tend to pile up after a few years.

They are also good for putting up on the wall
This was a blog quilt along...
or on a table top (when finished that is)
Left over half square triangle blocks...
and showing your love of fabric or quilting
(this one is "finished" as I gave the top to my friend Paula!)
thes were leftover pieces that spent a few years in a bowl on top the sewing room cabinet!
I need to make a concerted effort to finish up a few of these or move them along...one way or another!
A chinese coins that used up scraps from my log cabin quilt
some liberated piecing with tiny baptist fans!  this may take awhile!

Just to show I do finish some this Drunkards Path is 14 years old and is less than 10 inches square!

This tiny wedding ring quilt was made by my friend Linda.
So many more...need to put them out where I can finish them and then enjoy them!

4 comments:

Mad about Craft said...

You've got some lovely quilts there, they will look lovely hung on a wall.

cityquilter grace said...

such cute little quilts...they are fun to make....and love your fabric piles...

Janet O. said...

More cuteness in every photo!
You know I can't resist minis, and I have a similar pile. : )
That Drunkards Path is so tiny, and what a sweet quilt Linda made for you!

Tonya Ricucci said...

cute. always loved that little pink and yellow number. keep 'em if you love them, otherwise move 'em out!