Thursday, February 12, 2015

The dig out continues...

The digout continues...not of snow like up in Boston but of fabric from the sewing studio!
A box of 9-patches...not sure what the plan was!
Lets just say it is going...slow but steady.  I started out sorting, pressing and organizing (or at least trying to organize) as I move the fabric from the cabinets, boxes, bags and random other places...
Wasn't getting far very fast that way.

So now I am making fabric drifts around the house...



the dining room

the hallways

and just about everywhere!

As this goes on I'm finding lots of older fabrics that I hadn't seen in a long time.

Obviously at one point I really liked formal pillar and border prints.

Just as I was falling asleep last night I remembered why I was buying these...I wanted to make a repro of a Carpenters Wheel circa 1847 that I have in my collection.  Maybe I should revisit this plan!

No, no...must focus on moving more fabric!  The workman moved some equipment next to our house yesterday and the room has to be empty before they can start the extension!

7 comments:

Vic in NH said...

Your first photo was such a riot of bright colors that I came a-runnin' to see your post and I'm so glad that I did! Your many stacks and piles of fabric are inspiring me to go play and dig in my own piles, WHEEEE! If you're going insane with all the clutter, I'm comin with ya!

The Civil War Quilter said...

Love seeing those long-forgotten old fabrics! If you want to part with any of the old pillar prints, I'm asking for first bid! I don't have any of the ones pictured. :(

Gretchen said...

Isn't it fun to rediscover all the fabric you bought long ago?!?!? Of course it does make you want to start a million more projects LOL

Chantal said...

I wish I had your fabric problem. Such beaaaauuuutiful problems they are with that. Love the 9 patches too.

AnnieO said...

It is soo hard not to start new projects or begin to finish old ones while cleaning up a sewing room. Drifts of fabric--love that!

Katie Z. said...

Besides the fact that I would be completely overwhelmed by the necessary chaos I would be creating, what fun that would be to find all kinds of forgotten bits.

Tonya Ricucci said...

yeah I hear ya, I've got fabric drifts all over my house as well. Those pillar prints are boring - sell or trade!