Friday, February 20, 2015

Light at the end of the sewing room...

I got a few comments wondering why there were no "before" photos of the sewing room...basically there was so much stuff it was difficult to get a photo.

Now that 80% of the material, boxes and bags are out of the room this is what it looks like.  The new room will be almost twice the size.  Furniture will fit much better!

Today I started on the closet.  Surprised how fast that went.  Most of the boxes and baskets contained either UFO's or projects.  Like this basket...

it has the pattern and fabrics all in one place and has so since about the year 2000!

So I made the tough call...I'm never going to make this!  I still like the pattern and the fabric...it just isn't going to ever make it to the list...so the strips went into the 1-1/2 inch strip box and the pattern into the donation box.

which left me with an empty basket to use when we reload the sewing studio!

I also found a bit of repro fabric I thought long gone...this is one of my favorites the Cobb Quilt collection from the Smithsonian (sometime in the early 1990's)

On the building front...the county inspector came by today and it passed the first inspection!  Phew....tomorrow they can lay the foundation....


5 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

woohoo, progress on sorting out the sewing room and progress on the build. excellent!

Janet O. said...

Double the size of the room? That is very exciting!
I don't know if I have ever heard of that fabric line. Where have I been?

cityquilter grace said...

wow exciting happenings....

O'Quilts said...

I am excited for you...I envy you being able to de-stash a bit...I cling to 50 years worth..unable to share

Diane said...

Funny, I collected fabrics for a sunflower quilt about that time too. Must have been a thing then. Did the dala horse make the cut? I'm so excited for you, getting more sewing space!