I got a few comments wondering why there were no "before" photos of the sewing room...basically there was so much stuff it was difficult to get a photo.
Now that 80% of the material, boxes and bags are out of the room this is what it looks like. The new room will be almost twice the size. Furniture will fit much better!
Today I started on the closet. Surprised how fast that went. Most of the boxes and baskets contained either UFO's or projects. Like this basket...
it has the pattern and fabrics all in one place and has so since about the year 2000!
So I made the tough call...I'm never going to make this! I still like the pattern and the fabric...it just isn't going to ever make it to the list...so the strips went into the 1-1/2 inch strip box and the pattern into the donation box.
which left me with an empty basket to use when we reload the sewing studio!
I also found a bit of repro fabric I thought long gone...this is one of my favorites the Cobb Quilt collection from the Smithsonian (sometime in the early 1990's)
On the building front...the county inspector came by today and it passed the first inspection! Phew....tomorrow they can lay the foundation....