Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Work countdown


I only have a month left to go at work...I'm definately on the downslide! I'm only part-time but it is an intense part-time. Some weeks I do 10-15 hours and others I've done as high as 60! You just never know. I am finding myself getting geared up to work on something then reminding myself - I will be long gone before the project even gets off the ground! It is a little unsettling...but I'm getting used to it!

The photo is another "back of the closet" quilt top. I think I need to add a border...This was half pinned and something was bothering me about it. I'm pretty sure it is the lack of border. Anyway, that gives me an excuse to to go play in the fabric. I plan to machine quilt this quilt top.

8 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

Work, shmork. Relax and take it easy. Yes, you'll be gone soon. Get that short-timer's attitude.

I remember this orphan quilt. I can't remember if you wanted it a certain size and that's why it didn't get a border? Very autumnal - I'd have a hard time working on that in the spring.

The Calico Cat said...

cool quilt, I can see it with a border, but I can just as easily see it finished as is.... Is it big enough? Maybe that is your problem with it...

Quilts And Pieces said...

I love it! But yes, it needs some kind of border, but not just a plain border, something pieced in there....

Kim West said...

lovely quilt - i agree- it needs a little something more - but i think it should be mostly solid with a little piecing in there...

good luck with short-timer's disease; I never could get it...

Laurie Ann said...

I think a border would be nice and probably make you more happy with it. Love the crayola quilt! And as for the other I think I would just finish it and give it to charity. Picking out quilting stitches. Yuck!!!

Quiltgranny said...

Ooooh - I can see some pieced log cabins on the right and lower part to mimic those you have in the upper left side - then a plain border on the top and on the left. Lovely little thing, it is!

Laura said...

What a great quilt, I think a pieced border of some kind would really set it off!

*karendianne. said...

I thought this quilt was a LOT OF FUN!