Tuesday, November 21, 2006
We are off to London for the holiday. This is our first real trip since moving over here and I am really looking forward to it! The other night DH and I were going through the travel guide and planning what we would do each day. He mentioned Harrod's and I said, " we need to do that when we get there on Wednesday so we don't get caught up in the Thanksgiving crowd on Friday..." There was a long silence. I started talking about the shows at the West End hoping he would not notice what a silly statement I had made...they don't have Thanksgiving so there is no "out of the gate" shopping day for Christmas like in the states! No such luck..."we could just go to Harrod's on Thursday and beat the rush all-together," he said smuggly. Uhgggg.
The photo is of the shelf in my kitchen. The little quilt was made by Angie (my Georgia guild.) The pottery is Irish.
I tried to think of what I was happy for this year...
1. My stepsons are all settled and doing well.
2. My mom is 88 years old and still living at home. She has been much healthier this year.
3. We are in an interesting country and have the next couple of years to explore!
4. DH has a slightly less demanding job - no more calls in the middle of the night and he can actually stay home a day if I get sick.
5. Pets have made the transition really well - Brownie is growing back all her hair and Macbeth spends hours in the back yard.
So Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.