Saturday, November 11, 2006

Starting over...


No I have not found my hexagon quilt...I have just started a new one! While putting away fabric in my quilting room I cut a small square and tossed it into a basket. As DH and I have been watching TV I have whipped them together. I arranged them differently from the original one so if...rather when it shows up I will still want to finish it!

I've tried getting the last of the boxes unpacked but I am running out of interest and/or engergy. It is unbelievable how much work moving it. I feel like I just keep complaining about it...sorry...but it has just taken over my life that past 6 months. Sometimes it is easier to just chuck the stuff away! I have two more bags of clothes I never wear to go to charity. Lack of closets make you much more particular on what go on the few hangers you have space for in a wardrobe!

Another missing quilttop is one I made for my nieces new baby...OK he is a year old in a few months! I made the top before we packed out and it was in a pile that was not supposed to be packed but was...very frustrating. Anyway, yesterday I came across the alian fabric I used in the first quilt top and just decided to make another one. (DH was off golfing!) Again this one is different from the first. I saw the pattern on FatQuarters.com and thought it would be quick. I have some spaceman fabric for the border.

I hope I can finish it by Monday...now off to clean house for the craft group!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute baby quilt - better late than never LOL. I like the GFG setting - not seen that one before.

Hedgehog said...

Love your new versions of both - great not to make them identical - hopefully they will eventually show up and then you'll still want to finish them up. I really need to get started with my hexagons!!

Fiona said...

I like the colours in the hexagons, but then again, I also like the bright colours in the baby quilt too - versatility is the name of the game. And as for moving - the very thought of it makes me feel faint, never mind going from one continent to another, but maybe you are a more tidy person than me (and believe me, that wouldn't be difficult).

quiltpixie said...

sounds like you're "moving on" -- not giving up on the old quilts which WILL resurface sometime, but rather than pining away for them, getting on with quilting. A good choice I think :-)

The Calico Cat said...

Neat... A. I have that cat fabric tat is your center hexagon - GREAT Placement BTW. B. I "had" that spaceman fabric a long time ago...