Tuesday, November 28, 2006


One more picture of London...I liked the flowers and how Mary Poppins looking the rows of houses were on this street. Our hotel is the building on the left.

It just really hit me today...this week it will be December and there is less tahn a month before Christmas! It sort of slipped in there on me....I put out one little Santa that Brownie immediately attached. I now have one little broken Santa! Guess I need to go out to the garage and dig out the Christmas boxes!

I packed the gifts I had already picked up today. I'm going back to the states for one week in December so I get to deliver them in person! I still need to find something for my policeman brother - he isn't easy to buy for.

The quilting group is coming along well with their tablerunners. It looks like they will get at far as getting them quilted before I leave for the states. They should have them for the holidays. In January we are starting a sampler quilt. I showed them the Christmas one I made a few years ago (and that Bonnie quilted for me!) They really liked it. I will have to change a few of the blocks (no need for a Santa unless they want a Christmas one too!) Gettting it all organized is a bit of a challenge for me but I will make myself sit down and just do it!

Today we drove to the medium-size U.S. base so I could see a Doctor about getting my U.S. medicine again. Formularies (spelling) are different for some of my meds here and DH and I decided we'd rather not mess with what seems to be working pretty well. Besides it is a beutiful ride through some gorgeous Cotswold villages like Chipping Norton and Stow on wold. The little roads and driving on the other side of the road don't freak me out as much anymore so I can enjoy the sheep, stone walls, and bright red berries. Stopped for luch in Deddington...DH was in hurry so I didn't get to investigate the really interesting looking antique shops (this is a reoccurring theme - my not getting into the fun antique places...I've got to work on that!)

I was told of a fun woolen mill that still operates near here...DH is soooo not coming with me on that trip!

2 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

I can't believe there are flowers in November.What a lovely treat. Glad you're getting some of that medical stuff taken care of. For that hard to buy for brother: Bobby refridgerator magnet. Bobby snowglobe... tea towel. you could have all sorts of kitsch fun. Don't know if he has a kitsch bone in his body though...

Lois R. said...

Ooo! is the woolen mill Cotswold Woolen Weavers in Filkins (near Lechlade)? We went there when my sweetie lived in Witney (OXON) and I loved their stuff. If that's not where you were intending to go, you GOTTA plan a trip to Cotswold Woolen Weavers too. I'm not sure how far it is from you, but it is faboo!

Hearing the names of the towns that you're passing thru makes me nostalgic for the time when I visited Sweetie in England...