Friday, March 25, 2011

A guilty cat...

We are having folks over for dinner tonight so I am a bit distracted. Cook a minute...sew a minute...rest a minute...chase the cat...cook a minute...you got the cycle?

This week's Civil War Block

Yesterday I had folks come in to clean the rugs and the floors so most the heavy lifting was done. Dh followed my shopping list to the letter...except for a minor bunch of cilantro instead of flat leaf parsley (that could happen to anyone! why do the grocery stores put those next to one another anyways?)

So I woke up this morning feeling quite happy that I had this all under control . After a cup of coffee I already had a batch of jalapeno cornbread in the oven and a pan of enchilada sauce simmering on the stove. The sun was shining so I went out on the deck with my second cup of coffee and sat down to relax and read through the recipes for tonight. Then it happened...

A guilty cat....

A gray blurr went past me followed by a skeeching yellow one and in the rear a lumbering black scottie dog...Dobby the kitten had done something to really upset Goldie and MacBeth. I followed them into the house and found Dobby sitting on top of my freshly laundered tablecloth with a long Gecko tail hanging out of his mouth....When I screamed out popped a very large Gecko...correction, large and fast Gecko.

So now I am hunting for a clean tablecloth (at least one without kitten prints on it) and for a large fast Gecko who I believe is under the China cabinet. I would call my Dh but he isn't so good with these sorts of things...too much like hunting for him. (His idea of viewing wildlife is a visit to the Pet shop in the mall...)

I'm just hoping the Gecko stays put to the night...no that this is a squeamish crowd (most have just come back from tours overseas) but having lizard - even a cute lizard - show up during dinner would be quite embarrassing....
On a side note...my roses starting blooming this week! This may be the earliest I've ever seen them!

17 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Oh no!! Love your civil war block. Hugs and have a wonderful dinner tonight.

Impera Magna said...

Never a dull moment when you have fur babies! Hope you have a wonderful time tonight... you certainly seem to have everything under control... except for the gecko, that is...

The Word Verification is "puringly"... wonder if that is a coincidence or based on your post? *lol*

Sherry said...

Sorry but I'm still laughing, Glad to see your handeling this OK Wishing you all the best with you dinner and hope you find Mr gecko.

Gypsy Quilter said...

I have laughing tears in my eyes from this one and a visual image of a gecko popping out of a guests jacket pocket. Ohhh too funny. Thanks for sharing.

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Love the civil war block, the roses and the Gecko - and the Scottie goes without saying!! Having lived in the Philippines for several years, I learned to live with them - they are supposed to bring good luck.

Lynn

Wonky Girl said...

Well, bless ya! Sounds like you are handling things as they come at you. LOL
We have desert lizards we call geckos and our cat brings them inside. I guess it's like a present to us. Hope yours doesn't turn up at the dinner table!

Tonya Ricucci said...

go Dobby! although I do like the geckos. good luck with dinner.

sewkalico said...

Beautiful roses and a lovely new CW block, but yuk to the lizard (I am a squeamish one LOL). Hope it's a fun lizaed-less dinner party!

Me and My Stitches said...

Oh my gosh...that is hilarious! I can't wait to hear the rest of this story!

Loris said...

oh my! well, it makes for a good story anyway..
hope the visitors like it :-)

CCnUK said...

thanks for the laugh

*karendianne. said...

This post TOTALLY cracked me up!!!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Time to call the fire dept. again! :o) Please don't leaves us in too much suspense...what happened next?

SubeeSews said...

Oh my! you have Geckos where you live? Reminds me of how my cat, Merlin, woke us up in the middle of the night by bringing us a chipmunk that somehow had gotten in to the garage and when that door was closed , it was caught by my 17 year old Siamese, who brought it to us as a gift.
No matter that it was 2:00 a.m.!!!

It was wounded,bleeding and screaming and then got away and was under the bookcase. Hubby had to shoot it with a BB gun. Poor little critter...

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Funny story, animals are always great for a laugh aren't they? Hope you find the gecko. xo

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

I'm imagining this gecko speaking like the Geiko one, with a british accent..."Hoy, What's for Dinnah?" LOL!!

Bonnie

Purple Pam said...

Bad kitty! Lucky gecko! Hope the dinner was a success. But I sorta would like to see the gecko streak across the room with a run for freedom!