Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Macbeth


Just a few minute whine please...my husband is getting nervous about my going on retreat this weekend. He though it was only an overnight but it goes from Thursday until Monday morning. He is delusional in his thinking that I will get more rest at home than at retreat! At retreat meals are made for me...at home I would make at least 4 major meals. At retreat I make the bed at home I clean up after many animals plus my husband. At retreat we are so far in the boonies my cell phone doesn't work while at home my boss has all my numbers. I think he is confused by the number of project bags piling up...silly boy thinks I'll acually work on all of them!

The photo is of my wonderful Scottish terrier - Macbeth. He is 5 years old and loves everyone (even more if you are a cat!) Him I will miss during retreat! My boy is sitting on a wall size New York Beauty done with Mary Englebreight fabrics with some others thrown in to change it up a bit. I made the top as store sample and used it as a practice piece for my machine quilting.

11 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

Yes, well make sure you DO rest and take it easy - let everyone take care of you.
Thanks for the pic of the quilt - turned out fun. All the black in it looks great with Mac - he goes.

Lucy said...

OOh you made also a new york beauty. TWhat a fun block hè! I normally don't like paper piecing but in this block it is just fun :c)

The Calico Cat said...

Have fun at the retreat. Nice quilt & cute dog. Great Name...

Laurie Ann said...

Love the NY beauty. It is on my list as a "someday I want to make that one." Macbeth rocks! What an earnest little face!

Debra Dee said...

Macbeth is just the cutiest. I volunteer to dog sit if you bring him over. He had a scottie. She passed on from old age. We miss her dearly! Your quilt is spectacular as well and if you need a quilt sitter I am available for that too.

Samantha said...

Have fun on that retreat- and relax if you can. LOVE that New York Beauty!

Tracey said...

Ooooooh! What a CUTIE MacBeth is!! He looks like a ball of fire though! ;o) Too cute!

I hope you have fun on your retreat!! Your NY beauty is ....beautiful! ;o)

Quilts And Pieces said...

Very cute NYBeauty! I keep saying I'll make one, but never do! OK - one day I'll break down and do it!

Holly said...

That's a beauty of a NYB - I love the colors. I want to make one someday. Belated welcome to the Mavericks!

Darcie said...

Your NYB is just to die for...and not too huge either! Just my kind!

I can just imagine that Macbeth is missing you terribly too. What fun it'll be for you to be greeted by him when you get home!

Buzzy said...

Looking for ways to quilt our New York Beauty and found you! Wish you were here to help us! Love yours!!!!!!!
Buzzy