Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Stress Stitching


My little scottish terrier, Macbeth, had to have surgery today. He is fine. I, on the other hand, am a mess.

When I was grooming him last week I noticed a strange bump on his neck. I thought it was an ingrown hair and tried to take care of it but by Friday it looked really bad. I brought him to the vet and he said he would have to cut it out. Well on the surface it was only 1/2 inch across but it was huge underneath...the poor pup has a 2-1/2 inch row of stitches right behind his ear. He is soooo angery at me he will not eat anything. He will not play with his cats. He will not chase his stuffed camel named Sadamn. He will not even look at me. He is killing me!

The worst part is they had to send the specimen out for pathology. I hate the wait. My DH was watching me like he thought I would have a breakdown right there in the reception area. At least he didn't blink when I paid the bill..he knew better. (Though he has often commented that we pay more for animal medical care then we do for our own!)

So my DH is pushing me out the door to go to quilting bee tonight. We are working on a new donation quilt to raise money for Camp Rainbow - a camp for children with cancer. I'm trying to make some very diverse quilters happy (art, contemp, traditional, advanced, beginner, applique, piece....you got the picture?!) Last year we used 1930's prints, the year prior we used country/reproduction, so this year folks were lobbying for brights. Me, I love all of them. I'm being a bit more adventurous and doing the design myself...this makes some of them nervous...it makes me nervous! Hopefully all will go well. I'll have some photos soon. I'm sure I'll be asking for advice!

Macbeth is asleep now. I'll say a prayer to St. Francis and go to bee...

6 comments:

Finn said...

Hugs,hugs, hugs for you and puppy prayers for MacBeth. Lets just hold positive thoughts for a good outcome on the biopsy..*VBS* I know I will!!

Lost my dear fur friend almost 2 years ago, and I'm a real soft touch for those little 4 legged guys.

Cher said...

oh how nerve wracking...lots of healing energy for the little guy and added positive thoughts it all turns out ok on the biopsy. Hope you are able to have a good time at the bee and folks like the design you come up with.

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Poor Lil MacB! I hope whatever it was it was benign, and that he gets over being angry with you (for loving him so much) quickly!

And good luck at Bee too. I hope you can get all the diverse opinions working in the same direction!

Bonnie

Granny said...

Oh, goodness! I hope everything is ok with MacBeth. I'm glad you found it and didn't let it get any worse. I'm thinking he just feels really bad or is groggy from the meds .. he's not really mad at you.

Please let us know when you find out the results.

Judy L.

Tonya Ricucci said...

Mac will bounce back from this. Good thing you found whatever nastiness it was.
Trying to make all the quilters happy? Wow. That's a task. I'm excited that you're designing it yourself tho.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Can't wait to see some pictures! How fun! But I felt so bad for poor MacBeth!