Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Retreat recovery


This is the view from the building here we held our guild quilting retreat. It was a beautiful if not productive weekend. With so many quilters in one place I have problems concentrating...it is much more fun to look at other quilter's projects, take pictures, visit a local second hand shop rumored to have fabric (I got a scotty planter and a blue plate instead!) or to just munch on the amazing home-made cheese crackers. (Did I mention we ate as much as we quilted this trip)

I am making kibbe in a tray with greek salad for my much abused husband...the hot water heater broke while I was away. I'm amazed he had fixed before I came home!

7 comments:

Quiltgranny said...

What a beautiful place. Sounds just like a retreat rather than needing to be productive. And just what is kibbe?

Anonymous said...

Makes me feel relaxed just looking at the photo! Glad you had a great time :-)

Tonya Ricucci said...

I think I'd have been shopping and gabbing with you, rather than working up a storm. Hurray for the water heater already being fixed.

Laura said...

I would have been shopping for things other than fabric if I was in a second hand store also! They are so much fun to dig through!

Granny said...

kibbe in a tray sounds interesting. I love kibbe!

Sounds like you all had a wonderful retreat!

Judy L.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Welcome back! I"m dying to see more pics from the retreat! I"m so glad you had a good time! It sounds wonderful! And the view was great!

Holly said...

Lovely location. Sounds like you had alot of fun :)