Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Catching up on mail

Last night I finally had a moment to sit down and catch up on snail mail...

I had two fun packages! One had this year's edition of Blanket Statements by the American Quilt Study Group. In the other was a pattern I won on Amy Bradley's blog. I love this pattern...I mean what is not to like? It's Halloween! I had looked at this pattern in Paducah last spring...if I start now I may have it ready for Halloween 2012?!
At our quilt show we had a silent auction to raise money for future guild programs. I had given some UFO's out at a meeting and most were returned in time for the auction. Well I really liked how this red, white and blue table-runner was finished up so I bid on it...not quite like buying back your own work but close!

5 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

Ohh, I like that table runner also. Can I outbid you? LOL

(Just kidding!)

Impera Magna said...

That's so cool you bid on your finished UFO... did you win it?

Merilyn said...

Great little table-runner! and so versatile as you could use any seasonal fabric to suit!!!!

Janet O. said...

Very cute table-runner--I'd bid on it, too.
I've donated quilts to our family reunion fundraising auctions and then bought them back. I want to donate money to the cause and sometimes there is nothing else that I want to take home more than the quilt I made. : )

Tammy said...

Wow that is a gorgeous table runner. What pattern did you use if I may ask. Love that you bought back your own work for a good cause!!