Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween...

Happy Halloween everyone....

I was hoping to have my quilt-top ready to show but a cold (again!) put me flat on my back yesterday. So close! Oh well, I should have it ready for next year...I do have my witch's hat displayed by the front door...I wore it to the Pumpkin Patch festival Saturday!
While these I bought these earrings to go with my hat!


View from my front yard....
Now I love Halloween but when you aren't feeling so hot (or feeling very hot...not in a good way) having the local haunted house across the street is sort of like a new level of Dante's hell...All day and all night the kids are yelling, screaming, horns are going off, and my cats and dogs pace the house just a bit freaked out. My other neighbors had the good sense to go away for the weekend...Halloween in a BB in Savannah Georgia. Maybe next year!

7 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Love your witches hat... very cool... but also love those earrings! *lol*

Hope you're feeling much better today.... and that the haunted house was a one-day-only thing!

Angie said...

I love your witch's hat and those earrings are perfect to wear with it! :D Happy Halloween!

Sue said...

You certainley do love to decorate for Hallowen in the south. I have really enjoyed seeing how you all go wild with the decorating.
Maybe I will have to go crazy back in Cheltenham next Hallowen.

Betty Lou said...

Your neighbor's house looks a little to scarey for me. Love the close-up of your witch hat, wonderful stitching. Hope you feel better soon.

Janet O. said...

Love those earrings! *LOL*
If the haunted house was across from me I would seriously consider a getaway!! But hard to do when you are sick. Hope you can get over it quickly.

Gypsy Quilter said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the new quilt, but please feel better first.

AnnieO said...

Witch hat is wonderful! Laughing at the earrings--love them!