Monday, October 24, 2011

Time to re-group

I am sort of re-grouping after this year's show. Trying to prioritize my UFO's and all the new "stuff" I got at our show and at the Georgia show last weekend.

1930's, Augusta, GA

I didn't shop much at the Georgia show since I was "understudying" with Holly Anderson, an AQS Appraiser. I learned a lot and got my confidence back up. All good...including the not shopping much!

Dresdan plate "summer quilt" with embroidery, Augusta GA

My friend Paula got a blue ribbon for her wool applique BOM from Primitive Gatherings. She does great miniature work and her stitches are tiny! Also, my friend Maggie got a ribbon...I have such talented quilting buddies!

I was going through photos from the show and this one caught my eye...
Love how the light makes the Bethlehem windows glow.

7 comments:

Dawn said...

It's refreshing to regroup and recharging at a quilt event helps set the theme!

Janet O. said...

I love digging in to my UFOs and reorganizing. Then comes the hard part--actually following through with my plan and not getting sidetracked!
Beautiful 30s quilts.
Love those nativity wall hangings.

Impera Magna said...

I'm trying very hard not to accumulate any UFOs...since I've been quilting for a whopping 2 yrs, I've managed to keep the numbers to close to 0... *lol*

I do like that 1930s, Augusta GA quilt... I have a '30s repro quilt in me somewhere and I really think this one may just be the pattern I'm looking for!

Thanks for sharing all the photos... next best thing to being there!

Marj said...

I also took more time in classes at the Georgia Quilt Show than shopping. Although I did pick up some templates to use with my quilt machine and fat quarters for trading with fellow guild members next year. It was fun seeing you working in the appraisal booth. Now back to sme of my UFOs.

Betty Lou said...

The dreaded UFO, if you run out let me know and I will send a few. Love your pictures, are they quilts that you purchased at the show?

Merilyn said...

It's always hard after a Show to come back to your UFO pile, but sometimes seeing all those completed projects makes you want to get them finished too, good luck with that!!!! Love the Dresden plate quilt you shared, just gorgeous!!!

CLMT said...

I adore the pink "ocean waves" quilt from the 30's.