Saturday, October 22, 2011

Ribbon Trio

I've been off the computer for a few days...my computer got a virus and it (the virus) sent out emails to many folks in my email list. So picture this - fellow guild members expecting photos of their quilts open an email from "me" only to see advertisements on increasing men's...well, you know. How embarressing is that?! So if you ever get an email from with with just "re" or "howdy" or "how-ya-doin?" ...it isn't me. Anyway, had the computer guys out to the house and the CPU is "de-loused."

There are still a few more quilt show posts...
We had a really good members table this year. Everything from beaded eyeglass cases to table-runners to full size quilts. There were quilt journals and some wooden thread and ruler holders.

Those of you who visit my blog regularly may remember my Pink and Green Jacobs Ladder quilt. Well it received a first place ribbon!

My Witch's hat (a Crabapple design) won a second place in the wearables category.

And my S-crappy Economy quilt won a third. It was pretty exciting...

The Jacob's ladder is being mailed out to my nephew this week. The Spring Windmill below was in the non-judged category and is going out to my niece in New Mexico. Once I get these cleared out I can start working on my UFO's or maybe even a new project or two!

14 comments:

ann hermes said...

Wow, congrats on all your ribbons. I did get an email from you, but I knew better than to click on the link.

regan said...

Congrats on your ribbons! Well deserved! Love those quilts....they're gorgeous!

Janet O. said...

All three quilts are beautiful--scrappy creations that they are. I'd be thrilled to see any of them mailed in my direction. : )
Congrats on the 1st and 3rd place ribbons. Well deserved!

Merilyn said...

Congratulations on your wins!!! Awesome result!!! Love the Jacobs Ladder, it did turn out really nicely!!! You have done some beautiful work!!!

Ali Honey said...

Very well done!
I really like the colours you have used in your Jacob's Ladder quilt.

cityquilter grace said...

congrats on the ribbons! well deserved i would say

The Civil War Quilter said...

Congratulations on all those ribbons! They sure look like winners to me! You are going to make some people really happy when the mailman visits them.

Tonya Ricucci said...

congrats on the ribbons - well-deserved!!!! hmm... must now ignore email from Siobhan ;-)

Impera Magna said...

Congratulations! If you have any "extra" quilts lying around that you need "to get out of the way" so you can do more work... please feel free to send 'em my way! *lol*

Your Jacob's Ladder is gorgeous... and I'm sure your nephew will be thrilled to receive it!

quiptowngirl said...

Congratulations to you! I am trying to work up enough nerve to enter a quilt show. I've been quilting for 3 yrs. now and am seeing improvement but it seems scary to enter. Your quilts look beautiful, I like the pinwheel the most.
Keep quilting!
Cindy

dianne said...

congratulations on your wins!!! i am especially fond of S-crappy Economy.

i did receive one of those emails from you - but i learned a while ago not to follow links that have no explanations on how or why

Yuki said...

Big Congrats!!

Very nice work.

ttfn :) Yuki

AnnieO said...

Yeah, I got one of those emails but didn't open it so no worries.

Congrats on the recognition and a really great guild show. Nothing like being surrounding by quilts and quilters :) Lucky recipients of your beauties, they will be very pleased.

Janet said...

Congratulations on the ribbons!! I love that pink and green Jacob's Ladder - the border is wonderful! What fabulous gifts!