Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Goodbye Quilt

My guild's donation quilt spent most of the past year in my library (safe from the pets!) Next week it goes to it's new home. This quilt raised over $3,000 for Camp Rainbow, a camp for Children with Cancer.

The quilt design is from the book "Simply Vintage" from Blackbird Designs. The piecing and applique was stitched by over 30 members of Pieceful Hearts Quilters.

I spoke with the new owner today and she is so excited...so I guess I'm ok with it leaving!

Our next quilt (2012) debuts at out quilt show on the 14th...somewhere a quilter is stitching the binding on! Now time for the guild to start planning for 2013....lots of work but a good cause!

16 comments:

Pinkadot Quilts said...

Very nice! That is a lot of $$!!

Janet O. said...

Beautiful quilt! I'm not surprised it raised so much money. What a great cause for your guild to support!

regan said...

Sorry you don't get to enjoy this quilt anymore....but what a great fundraiser it was! Well done on that great donation amount! And congrats to the new owner!

ann hermes said...

That quilt is gorgeous, what a lucky winner.

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

I love love love this quilt!!! I'm happy it went to a new happy owner!

Me and My Stitches said...

Love the quilt - such a great cause and terrific fund raiser! Thanks for sharing!

Marj said...

Since I didn't win last year's quilt, I'm glad that there is a new quilt to be won. I am excited to see all the quilts this month at your guilds' show and next month at my guilds show.

Betty Lou said...

Your guild quilt is a beautiful work of art, I'm sure the new owner will love it just as much as you do. How wonderful that you raised that much money on a single quilt, that must be a record.

Gypsy Quilter said...

What a beautiful quilt for a wonderful cause. Congratulations to all of those who worked so hard!

AnnieO said...

So, so beautiful. I can only imagine how hard it is to say goodbye to such a work of art! Glad the $$$ was so much.

antique quilter said...

oh this is a quilt I wish I would have won!
Kathie

Kim Brackett said...

What a gorgeous quilt. Congratulations on doing so well for Camp Rainbow.

Impera Magna said...

Congratulations on raising so much $$$ for such a worthy cause! What a lovely quilt and I'm glad it's going to a home where it will be cherished.

Karen said...

That is a good amount of money raised. Someone has won a beautiful quilt. I wondered what pattern was used and now I recognize it.

Janet said...

That was a great sum to raise, congratulations. It sounds like it's gone to a good home which is great because it's a beauty.

sewkalico said...

That quilt is just so beautiful!