Friday, October 14, 2011

It is Showtime...

Well all the quilts are hung...the vendors set up...and the ribbons on the quilts. It has been a busy couple of days and I cannot wait until the show opens tomorrow.Judges Choice by Rachel T.

I spent a good part of this afternoon taking photos. So many photos that when I uploaded them there were a few quilts I don't even remember seeing! But I have photos to prove I did...

First I want to post some of the big winners...the "Best in..."

Best hand quilting went to my friend Julie Z, (this is a Piece of Cake design)...

Best Machine quilting was done on Sharon's quilt.

Best Use of color was my friend Paula's "Big Blue"...

And Best is Show went to Judy Lockhart...

It is a great show...I'll post lots of photos this week...

11 comments:

regan said...

These quilts are all so beautiful! What a show! I can't wait to see more! Thanks for sharing!

Ali Honey said...

Lovely quilts. I like the colours in the blue quilt but the design in the green quilt best.

Marj said...

Thanks for the preview, I can hardly wait to see all the beautiful quilts.

Janet O. said...

When I saw your post title I was excited. I knew good things were coming. These are such gorgeous quilts. I can see why they were chosen for their respective awards. They are all so wonderful, but the "Best use of Color" really grabbed me. Can't wait to see more!

sewkalico said...

Wow factor quilts!! Love the red one. Good luck with the show (save me some pumpkin cheesecake LOL)

Impera Magna said...

How beautiful all these quilts are... amazing work! Wish I could attend the quilt show... I think about it every time I see the post card on my frig!

Judy in Michigan said...

Can't wait to see more...I'm looking for ones with your name and a ribbon or two. Thanks for sharing.

Tonya Ricucci said...

whee! congrats to Rach! it always amazes me how many folks in that guild love applique.

AnnieO said...

Wow, all are stunning! Thanks for starting off at the top--I think the judges did a great job :)

Merilyn said...

What incredible work on these quilts!!! Thanks for the wonderful eyecandy!!!! Hope the show goes well!!

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

What a great show - and just like any other show, it wears you out, but you enjoy it.