Wednesday, May 16, 2012

From underneath the scrap piles

I haven't posted much in the past few days...been really busy trying to finish up the sewing room rearrange and get going on some new projects.

We finally found a handyman to help with some of the projects that I just haven't been able to get to this spring...so next week Pedro and his crew will be pressure washing decks and re-staining.  He will also do some painting.  Great...more time for sewing!

So what new projects you may ask?  This is a hint...

I have been having fun with it.  Writing out patterns is like Sudoku...good for the brain! The not so fun part...testing the written instructions...I made three blocks which all came out the exact same size.  Good right?  Only that was 1/2 smaller than the directions.  If it was one block I'd blame my seam allowance but three?  really?!  Time to really check the math...darn it if I didn't forget to include/subtract seam allowance in one of the steps.  That my friends is why I do test blocks!


5 comments:

Loris said...

Love your kitty helper! Was just thinking of how I need an orange kitty in my life again.
Your new project is looking interesting. Sorry about the math...we've all been there!

Impera Magna said...

Quilt math is a challenge... no doubt about that! Very smart to multiple-test your blocks...

Betty Lou said...

Good you made three blocks to test, easier to change everything now. Still plugging away at my sewing room although I didn't get anything done today. Tomorrow is another day, and my friend Freda at Impera-Magna is tempting me with the hourglass quilt. Stay focused, Betty Lou,stay focused.

Tonya Ricucci said...

I think that applique block would look awesome with rectangles and squares like you have it laid out. hello orange kitty

Clare said...

I like the applique block.