Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Paducah vendors....

There are four reasons I travel to shows: to see the quilts, meet friends, take classes, and vendors.  That last on is important!  We quilters do love to shop.  I try and support the LQS but they do not carry a lot of the fabrics that I love.  Perhaps I'm out of step?  Could be but I know "my" fabrics are still out there so I am not alone...I just have to travel far to find quilters of like-minds.

There were a lot of the "regulars" at the show.  Laura Wasilowski pf Artfabrik was there with her patterns and beautifully dyed perle cottons.  My friend Paula bought a dozen...  Auntie Ju was there with her woolens.  And Lisa B. of Primitive Gatherings was at her booth in the Finkle Building (shown above with her husband...who also works hard in the booth.)  I'm always amazed at how many new designs she adds to her booth...and how organized! If you go to Paducah be sure to check out the buildings downtown...some great vendors like Lisa are there.

Also found a new favorite....Button Tree Farm from Waterfod Ireland.  They really need to get an natural light lamp at their booth.  When I was buying the wool I really liked the textures however when I got outside in natural light I fell in love with the colors!  I am in the process of converting my batik cabinet to a wool cabinet...guess I am hooked!

Mac update:  he is doing so much better this morning!  The stomach swelling is down.  He was able to go up and down the stairs by himself and even played with the cats for awhile.  He also seems much more comfortable sleeping which I'm sure makes him happy.  Today the carpet cleaners come which will make me happy...nuff said!

10 comments:

Impera Magna said...

My LQS (yes... singular) doesn't carry the fabrics I need/want so I have to travel as well... or avail myself of the internet shopping options.

Looks like you found some goodies... love that you're converting your batik cabinet to a wool cabinet!

I'm glad that Mac is doing better... and that the carpet cleaners are coming today!

Nifty Quilts said...

Thank you for the peeks at Paducah. Glad your pooch is doing better!

Janet O. said...

I like to support my LQS, but they can't carry everything. I would probably go on system overload at something like this. I am anticipating my first experience at a quilt vendor mall at the HMQS next week. Can't wait!!

Dawn said...

SO many LQS's closing. Sad state - competing with online shops and show vendors. Miss the social gathering aspects a LQS provides. Looks like you had a great time at the show - so many temptations (fun).
Best wishes to Mac.

Me and My Stitches said...

So glad that Mac is feeling better - nothing worse than a sick furry friend. Love Primitive Gatherings and your wool looks awesome!

McIrish Annie said...

glad you had a good time in Paducah and that Mac is on the mend. Wool soo, soo tempting!

Loris said...

This wool looks so tempting!
More love to sweet Mac! Poor guy probably doesn't know what hit him but I'm glad he's getting his game back.

judith lockhart said...

What luscious fabrics you have in the top picture! Wow - so pretty!! I'm able to see all your pictures enlarged now which is great for viewing the close-ups!

Tonya Ricucci said...

sounds like you need a mini Ott flashlight or soemthing like that.. wools definitely are so beautiful, which is why those amish quilts glow. glad mac is doing better!

Clare said...

Those wools are gorgeous, though I don't think I could convert my batik collection!

Hope Mac is still on the up.