Friday, May 25, 2012

Round-up...the quilting kind

I'm off to the garden center today to find some annuals for the front beds and for the containers on our deck.  After days of hammering, power-washing, and painting the deck looks almost like new!

I spray-painted the old metal table and think we can get  few more years out of it.  A couple of the chairs we aren't so lucky.  So I'll also be on the lookout for those and maybe a new umbrella...though I did see something on a blog where a woman painted her old umbrella...somehow I know my DH would hate that! (maybe I could paint the underside of the umbrella with quilt blocks....)  Anyway,  after today the weather is supposed to get really, really hot.  This may be my last chance to get anything done out there!

Also on the agenda is to draft a pattern of this old and battered quilt for a friend.  I've had this quilt forever with the plan of reproducing it.  Not an unusual pattern but I really like the border.  I have several "rescue" quilts that rarely see the light of day...sad.

In the sewing room reorganization all antique and vintage quilts are being moved to the guest room...trust me it is like herding cats!  I debated sorting my quilts by time period, by style, by lectures they are in...in the end they are just in one room...no particular order.  Maybe someday....




6 comments:

Janet O. said...

Did the cat and quilt in the top photos get away from the herd?
If I reproduced that quilt I would end up cheating and making it all out of HSTs. I am such a wimp! : )

Impera Magna said...

The heat is certainly cranking up... best to stay inside... or an a/c'd car! :)

Glad to hear the deck is no up to code...

Stay cool this long weekend!

antique quilter said...

OMG that quilt is just beautiful wow. LOVE the border.too. does the quilt have 9 blocks ?
what size is the block?
I love these rescue quilts....
Kathie

sewkalico said...

That would be an amazing project to reproduce that quilt. I think the blocks and border work beautifully together.
I'm still a bit too unstable to go and see what our 'outside' looks like - it wasn't sunny at all before my op, but now that the sun is shining I'm sure I'd notice ALL that needs doing and replacing... Happy weekend, x

Mary said...

That is a beautiful quilt, so inspiring. I am glad you have rescued it. I noticed last time I looked for cutter quilts on Ebay that they are now selling them already cut up in pieces, no opportunity to buy them up and repair them.

Janet said...

It might be a rescue quilt but it looks just wonderful to me. Beautifully made and well loved :0)