Thursday, May 31, 2012

The list goes on....

Ever feel like your "to do" list is growing out of control?  When I worked full time I occasionally needed to take a "life maintenance" day (I traveled almost 75% of the time...tough to do things like dentist appointments, car repairs, etc.)  Now I don't have that travel excuse but still find myself running behind...

Frog with racing stripes...need this on my idea board!

So today is a list day.  Before I can sit down at the sewing machine or play in the fabric stacks I need to cross at least 5 things off the list.   I've already done one...poor Goldie has been losing weight (1 pound in the past 8 weeks...) so we had and early appointment with our vet.  He confirmed that she has an infected gum.  Add one more bottle to a crowded pet medication shelf!

Also on the agenda (for that read "the list") is a trip to the post office, the bank, Staples, and several phone calls (including one to make my hotel reservation for American Quilt Study Group in October!)  After all of that I will be able to sit and stitch for a bit....

Or continue my work in/on the sewing studio.  This is turning into a never-ending project.  My latest goal is to have it suitable for sewing by the end of June.  The tumbling block top shown in the photos is one of the tops I "found" a few weeks ago as I cleared the back of my sewing room closet.  I forgot just how graphic this one was!

12 comments:

regan said...

I'm a list maker, but I find I am creating more lists, before I ever check off from the old ones! lol

LOVE the tumbling blocks! Beautiful!

Taryn said...

Those lists are a double edged sword. Sure they corral your thoughts and tasks but they grow quickly. I usually toss mine when it gets to three pages. Then I try just writing five things. If I make it through all five I congratulate myself for finishing everything on my list. Okay, gotta go. I need to make a list.

judy crumpler said...

Nice blocks

McIrish Annie said...

don't you hate when real life gets in the way of your quilt life? but things must be done. hope you finish soon and get back to the studio.

Lynn said...

Love love that tumbling block. I only make list for my husband!

judith lockhart said...

Love seeing your progress and all the things you've found! I should do the same. Definitely a list person, too. At least we can be rewarded with quilting once we check some off the list!

AnnieO said...

List making and crossing off sure helps get things done in this complicated world. I'm getting more forgetful about doing errands on my way home from work--just get on automatic and find myself on the offramp to home before I can think!

Love the Tumbling Blocks quilt top.

Impera Magna said...

I'm definitely a list person... sometimes it's the only way to keep track of things...

Gorgeous tumbling blocks quilt...

Dawn said...

I am a list person - when I see it on paper it often feels more manageable.
Love the tumbling blocks - thanks for sharing these great quilts!

Janet O. said...

I have been a list maker for as long as I can remember. Otherwise I am too easily distracted.
The Tumbling Blocks top is beautiful!

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

I hear ya, Sistah! And hey, that top is great, I love how they grouped like colors together....instead of spreading them all over so the oranges did not get too close to other oranges, etc....this is a fun one!

Clare said...

I've got a list as long as my arm and it's getting longer. I managed to cross one thing off it today.