Thursday, May 03, 2012

Happy Birthday Brownie and Goldie - cat photo alert


I find it hard to believe it was twelve years ago that a coworker walked into my office carrying a box with two tiny kittens in it.  Brownie and Goldie, didn't get "real" names since my husband insisted we would only keep one of them.  (Look how that decision worked out!)

They are great quilt cats.  They keep me company in the sewing room and pose nicely for photos.  My only complaint is how Brownie keeps clearing the shelf of fat-quarters so she can have a the spot for herself....

They are pretty good about staying out of the antique quilt room...they make up for it by sleeping on the quilts in my living-room!  They have traveled with me up and down the East Coast and even over the England for a few years.
Where Brownie was the self appointed village greeter...a tiring job....


16 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Happy Birthday to Brownie and Goldie, two wonderful quilt kitties!

The Civil War Quilter said...

Happy Birthday to your furry friends. They are better traveled than me, I've never been overseas! I hope you made them a catnip cake.(That is edible, isn't it?!)

Me and My Stitches said...

Happy Birthday to your fluffies! Poor Brownie - looks like that job really tired him out!

ann hermes said...

such cute kitties!

Betty Lou said...

Happy Birthday Goldie and Brownie, they are such good companions to each other and to you.

McIrish Annie said...

Here's to many more for Goldie and Brownie. I am assuming they are related like my two little monsters! siblings a joy!

Tonya Ricucci said...

Happy Birthday, beautiful girls. purrs and loving to you xoxoxoxo

*karendianne. said...

What a spectacular day!!! I love Brownie and Goldie and you know that to be true, too! I'm so happy to see them. Thanks for the pics.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Lovely cat pictures...thanks for sharing them :o)

ytsmom said...

What a sweet story. Two cats are better than one

Judy in Michigan said...

Happy Birthday kitties!! You are 2 lucky cats to have such a nice mommy.

quiltmom anna said...

Sio,
I love your furry friends- they do keep life interesting. Mars loves to play in my fabric and is often a helper when I lay out the quilt blocks on the floor. Happy Birthday to your beautiful kitties.
Regards,
Anna

Holly Knott said...

Those are gorgeous cats!!

AnnieO said...

Oh, cats! They are great company in the sewing room, even if fabric and block layouts are endangered! Thanks for sharing :)

Merilyn said...

So glad you decided to keep them, they ARE wonderful company!!!!

Yuki said...

LOL! What is it aboug cats & quilts? Great photos, they made me laugh. ttfn :) Yuki