Saturday, October 13, 2007

Flog it! Filming

Yesterday was the "big auction day" down in Cirencester with the Flog It" TV team. It was much more stressful than I expected it to be! (that may have had something to do with my wearing a suit and high-heels for the first time in over a year...but I digress.) The answer to the big question - yes the quilt sold (phew) and it sold right at mid-estimate (my reputation is safe!) The "hammer price" was 130 pounds which comes to about 260 $US. I sold some fabric and excess scissors fobs at my last quilt meeting which should cover the auction house commission so I will send $260 to the MS society. The photo is of me (looking very pale and chubby) next to the TV show expert Charley. He hardly ever looks as serious as he does in this photo...does this mean I never look so chubby - no such luck!

Today I am planning to get a few more Halloween decorations out... I made the little wall hanging on the left a few years ago. I had a box of ceramic Halloween buttons that I loved but didn't see myself wearing. I just made a little quilt to fit in the frame and sewed the buttons onto it. More Halloween to come!

7 comments:

Clare said...

When is it going to be televised? This weekend? I'll keep an eye open for it on the tv listings.

You look really really well (despite the high heels and posh suit LOL) and huge congrats on getting such a fantastic price for it.

sewkalico said...

Well done! - that's brilliant!! I hope to see the show :O)

Tonya Ricucci said...

you look wonderful. high heels and a suit? eek. hope I get to see the show someday. the halloween hanging is wonderful - that frame was a great find.

Unknown said...

You must let us know when it will be aired - I think you looked lovely - not sure I could've coped with the heels

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh congrats! I bet your glad it is over. And you look wonderful! That was my first thought, how beautiful you looked!

Magpie Sue said...

Hey, congratulations on the sale!

Willeke de la Chambre said...

Do you know when this is televised?
You look very smart in your red suit! Congratulations with the splendid sale!
Bye,