Saturday, March 29, 2008

Lambing Day


One of the things on my "to do before leaving England" list was to visit a sheep farm and to see a lambing. Even though it was a cold and dreary day it was great to see the sheep and all the tiny lambs. Unfortunately because of the cold my friends and their children didn't go (she is getting over a cold.) So this post will have lots of lamb photos...in no particular order. The first photo is of my favorite sheep...one of my neighbors called her Audry Hepburn because of her smile! (All you farmers can laugh now....)


The little one in the photo above is in the orphan crib. The light keeps her warm. I think she just assumes everyone is there to feed her!This pair was born about 20 minutes before this photo was taken. Mom was still busy cleaning them up.


The farm is over in Overbury which is only a couple miles away and sits on the side of Bredon Hill. the folks working there did a great job of explaining how the farm is run. There were two young vet students there getting some practical experience...a lot of experience. I learned that lambing is quite hard work!I was surprised at how different the lambs all looked. I have to admit this little white one was a favorite. On the quilting front. I spent some time this afternoon to search the internet for some redwork patterns with - you guessed it - sheep!

3 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Oh, Oh, Oh how CUTE-A-MOUS!!!

This is a day unrivalled. Thank you so much for sharing this fantastic cute photos.

I very much love the little white sheepy, too.

Just...Wow!

Be Still My Pattering Heart with Love, *karendianne.

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh, how pretty. Thank you so much for posting these.

Marilyn Robertson said...

Neat! Thanks for posting the Lambing Day photos!